MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: >>quick post references
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
do want
+1

(2011-09-05, 02:33 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]Simple solution would be to just auto collapse all comments with an expander toggle, I think.

You can do this with pure CSS now, so i agree Toungue.
(2011-09-05, 12:40 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]I've never had an issue with parsing the "wrong" things at times; what exactly do you mean by that?
Take example:
_in_excusable
max_memory_limit

In the first case, I want the part italicised, in the second, I don't.

(2011-09-05, 12:40 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Also, something not being popular is a horrible excuse to not implement it if it's far superior.
Like saying MyBB should be written in Python because it's far superior to PHP.
(2011-09-05, 10:28 PM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Take example:
_in_excusable
max_memory_limit

In the first case, I want the part italicised, in the second, I don't.
It's not that hard to escape those characters.

(2011-09-05, 10:28 PM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Like saying MyBB should be written in Python because it's far superior to PHP.
Python is far superior to PHP, but that's not my point. In this case (BBCode vs. Markdown), Markdown is far superior because it's simpler, easier, less redundant, more powerful, and less intrusive than BBCode. You cannot have the same comparison between PHP and Python, however, because PHP is still a very powerful language that does some things better and easier than Python can. You can accomplish the same things with both (Markdown and BBCode), but one of them does it better (PHP with MyBB and Markdown with formatting).
Maybe something along these lines would work then:

@Yumi:9001

Where 9001 is the pid; it could replace the reply button since you already have the multistory (multiquote, lol iOS) function which does the same thing, and add it to the quick reply field. It would link to the post, too. As an added feature, perhaps, if no pid is specified, it could link to the specified posters last post.
Pages: 1 2