MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my forum, I want moderators to only access certain sections. However, by default, Moderators (Not Global) have many permissions that I would rather they didn't.

I know there is a plugin for this already ( http://mods.mybb.com/view/moderator-permissions ), but I think this should be default in MyBB, perhaps with a few additions.

What I would like to see:
  • Can they access announcements?
  • Can they view IP's?
  • Can they manage warnings? If so, in their subforum, or all subforums?
  • Can they veiw reported posts? If so, reports in their subforum or in all forums?
  • Can they edit profiles?
  • Can they ban users?
  • Can they handle the moderation queue?
  • Can they view moderator logs?

Etc. I already made some of these changes with some edits to core files and a quick plugin, but I think it would be fantastic if these were default options.

--

Another idea I was considering..

Have a 'Moderator Permissions' section in the same fashion as the 'Administrator Permissions' section, as shown in the picture.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=23962]
Can they access announcements? - Yes, they can. (They can add announcements in the forums they moderate)

Can they view IP's? - Yes, they can.

Can they manage warnings? If so, in their subforum, or all subforums? - Yes, they can.

Can they veiw reported posts? If so, reports in their subforum or in all forums? - Yes, they can. Both in their subforums and all forums right now, but it should be changed.

Can they edit profiles? - Yes, they can.

Can they ban users? - Yes, they can.

Can they handle the moderation queue? - Yes, they can.

Can they view moderator logs? - Yes, they can.
@948

That is completely not what I am asking. I am saying that those options should BE options, choices. Like you can specify IF they have access to them. I know they already have access to them by default. Angry
Yeah, pretty nice suggestion! Agreed.
Then create a new group with the abilities you want them to have...
Just like Admin permsissions. I like it. +1