MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Managed to create another box with the way Jordan L wrote. But how do I move it so it's at the right side of the welcome box. Go to teachgalaxy.com to see the box.
In your theme global.css find:
#panel {
	background: #3B3B3B;
	width: 50%;
	color: #D1D1D1;
	border: 1px solid #0F0F0F;
	padding: 8px;
	font-size: 11px;
}

Replace with:
#panel {
	background: #3B3B3B;
	width: 50%;
	color: #D1D1D1;
	border: 1px solid #0F0F0F;
	padding: 8px;
	float: left;
	font-size: 11px;
}

You might have to reduce the width to 49% too.
Thanks, it worked to move the box! But I still have one problem and it is that there is no space between the two boxes. I tried to put a   between them, but it didn't work.
use padding
I am already using padding in the CSS... Padding: 8px; or should I add something else?
(2011-08-30, 06:35 PM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]I am already using padding in the CSS... Padding: 8px; or should I add something else?

margin: 8px;
Thanks, it worked! But now it created two more problems!

1. I want to reduce the space between the top menu and panel a little.

2. Take a look at the left side of the welcome box and at the right side of the test box. You will see that the test box is in line with the other boxes (content etc). But the welcome box is a little out of position. How do I fix that?
(2011-08-30, 07:14 PM)El Pistolero Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, it worked! But now it created two more problems!

1. I want to reduce the space between the top menu and panel a little.

2. Take a look at the left side of the welcome box and at the right side of the test box. You will see that the test box is in line with the other boxes (content etc). But the welcome box is a little out of position. How do I fix that?

Add height to the css

example

{
height:100px;
width:100px;
}

The gap between top menu and panel is still there. Also, the second problem is still there!
The thing is that when I remove "float: left;" the welcome box is fine, but the other one goes down!
Are you sure you putit in the header template, not the welcomeblock templates?
Pages: 1 2 3