MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What am I doing wrong?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A couple weeks back, I started some new forums at The Nerd Lounge

At first, everything was fine and people could load up the page - no roblem. Now, however, the site takes its sweet time to load up. Additionally, whenever I have it analyzed by these "Optimization" websites, they tell me all kinds of things that are wrong with my site. Things such as GZip (which is enabled), javascript shortening (no idea how to do this), and Combine CSS into Sprites (again- no idea).

How did the forums get so messed up? How can I improve my forums' load time / speed?
Well while javascript shortening and using css sprites would help they won't have the impact you need.

So I have a few questions.

#1 Who is your web host?

#2 How many queries does it take to load a page ( can be found at the bottom of the page)?

#3 What plugins do you have installed?
(2011-08-30, 02:40 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Well while javascript shortening and using css sprites would help they won't have the impact you need.

#1 Who is your web host?

#2 How many queries does it take to load a page ( can be found at the bottom of the page)?

Thanks for the feedback. Here's the answers to your questions:

1) JustHost (already spoken to them - they swear up and down that it is my problem and nothing on their end...)

2) SQL Queries - 42

3) Plugins - Aksimet, board messages, Image Resizer, ProStats, RSS icon Feed, My Thread Decorator, and Thanks.
Did you change something? Your site is loading fine now. And, if you didn't I'm going to say it's your host.
I changed one small thing last night - I lowered the resolution of the image. I decreased the data size of it by almost 50%. That HAS to help some, but I don't know if that was the only problem. I've had people tell me it seems better, but still not like it was early on.
I have the same issue. Unfortunately , I don't found a method to compress CSS (global.css) and javascript (prototype.js, general.js). The only thing I found is to minimize them from Gt metrix ,
The most important thing which makes your website run like a rocket is to compress global.css
42?! And this is for the index?
And my advice is to remove board messages and prostats.
Both are useless, especially prostats looking at the current state of your forum.
(2011-08-30, 03:16 PM)Kbassil Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-30, 02:40 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Well while javascript shortening and using css sprites would help they won't have the impact you need.

#1 Who is your web host?

Thanks for the feedback. Here's the answers to your questions:

1) JustHost (already spoken to them - they swear up and down that it is my problem and nothing on their end...)

2) SQL Queries - 42

3) Plugins - Aksimet, board messages, Image Resizer, ProStats, RSS icon Feed, My Thread Decorator, and Thanks.

Did some rearranging and I'm down to 29 with several plugins running.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the site has sped up. I think the solution was a combination of the new theme and lowering the resolution of the Logo.
29 is still a lot IMO.
I have 13 SQL queries for my index.
(2011-09-06, 07:56 PM)Kbassil Wrote: [ -> ]Did some rearranging and I'm down to 29 with several plugins running.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the site has sped up. I think the solution was a combination of the new theme and lowering the resolution of the Logo.

Richard -

Your MapleStory site is legit. How long have you had that up?
Pages: 1 2