MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Taken to Last Post and not Unread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off a bit of sucking up, I love this forum software. Been a long time user of VB and the features it has and been put off by phpBB3 but MyBB works so well.

Here is my issue, when ever I or my members click a thread on the Forum Home or even in Tapatalk and the mobile view they get take to the last post in a thread and not the last unread post in the thread.

Is this just be being thick and I need to change an option somewhere or have I broken something? I've had a look through every options page I can and can't find an option to change it, I know in VB you can select how the unread information is stored and save it to the database but can't see it here.

Your help is much appreciated (forum is at www.eliterenegades.com if that helps)
That's just how it works, which makes a lot of sense in my opinion. And no, there's not an option to switch it or anything.
Ahh ok, well at least I know it's not something I'm doing wrong. The guys on our forum "spam" alot and getting takent to the last post rather than last unread post which means you usually have to then scroll back a few pages to catch up.

If that's how it is, then that's how it is. Thanks for clearing that up for me Wink
It's not a bad idea actually. You can go ahead and request a plugin if you want. Smile
I might just do that, I personally know all of the members on my site as it's just a personal friends thing but on my VB site I need it, no idea how I would keep up with the posts on there if it went to the last post everytime.

I'll mark this as resolved and put in a request. Many thanks.