MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thankyou/Like Plugin, I don't know what happened
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

On the admin's profile, it don't work but on the guest and test account it's there... I thought the "Master Favourite Posts" plugin was at fault but when I logged out of the admin profile the guest can see it and the test account can see it but I don't know why the admin can't see it. Can anybody help? Thx Smile
Can I have the url and a test account so I can have a look. Never heard of this problem with the plugin.
Hello G33K,

I don't know what happened, first it was all good but then it can't find the server... I know its there and I'm using Firefox with try again add-on. It goes to "The connection has timed out" but since I have try again add-on installed, I've got the "Up-time Auditor" and it says "It's a local problem; try using a proxy." So, I tried that, and its there but I don't know why its not showing up.

The proxy I used is called Proxify, https://proxify.com/ingress.shtml, go down to where it says "Website Proxy Forms" and put my address in there: http://forum78.vacau.com/. I know you can't do anything about that but I just decided to put that...

I do have some plugin's installed, and the only thing that I would think it could be, is: AdminIPMatch, RestrictIP, MyProtection. But maybe the RestrictIP plugin is at fault, cause it says, "Restricts moderator and/or administrator account access to specific IP addresses. Warning: Be careful when using the administrator IP address filter as you can easily lock out all admins from the Admin CP." I read that wrong, I thought that it was to restrict a member from a specific IP. But when I did what it said in the readme:

Recovery Instructions:
(In case you get locked out of the Admin CP)
- Edit /inc/settings.php and locate the 'RestrictIP_AdminIP' setting.
(If the file appears as one big, long line, try using a different editor.)
- Set it to a blank string: $settings['RestrictIP_AdminIP'] = "";
- Save the file.
- Go to the 'Settings' page (Configuration -> Settings).
- Click 'Restrict IP Configuration'.
- Clear the IP filters for the Administrator (if any).
- Click 'Save Settings'.

I looked in my settings.php but there was nothing there but the blank string but I changed/reverted it back to the blank string. But I can't get in. It was just a test forum but I'd hate to have to redo it all over again. Thx
It seems you are using 000webhost, they are not the best hosts around, I would suggest using a more reliable host. Right now I can't even access your site as it says its under review.
Hello G33K,

Yea, you got me... lol I figured the one with the most options would be the better free host. Do you have any recommendations for a free host? I don't want to pay money right now, me just having a test forum. But after that, I will probably go with paid later on. Thx G33K

EDIT: LOL, I'm so dumb... I thought I could see this plugin from my own account, I mean, When I start a thread, and when it takes me back to the same thread... I thought that the plugins image would be there. You can't like or thank you your-self. Sorry for wasting your time.
I have a question for you, -G33K-

Whenever I click my "Like" button, it just hangs there and a swirling circle spins around infinitely. Things is, it is actually counting my "Likes" ,but it gets stuck like this (see attachment):...

[attachment=23991]
- Make sure you have the latest version of the plugin.
- Make sure all the necessary edits are made in the templates. http://community.mybb.com/thread-59652-p...#pid599058

If it still doesn't work then PM me your url and a test account and I could take a look.
followed all suggestions and now look what is happening:

[attachment=23998]

The "X Likes in Y Posts" is pushing past the lines.

How can I fix this?
(2011-09-03, 06:35 AM)Kbassil Wrote: [ -> ]followed all suggestions and now look what is happening:

The "X Likes in Y Posts" is pushing past the lines.

How can I fix this?

Your side box is just too narrow, you can increase the width in the theme.