MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Nerd Lounge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
*Recent Site updates! Check it out and please leave your feedback!

Come hang out with us at The Nerd Lounge! We discuss games, computers, and any other types of technology.

We're brand new and constantly evolving!

Hope to see some of you there!

TheNerdLounge.com
I would also include using a softer text color as well. The neon green is harsh even when sitting on a light grey.

There a few sections that could be combined since this is a new forum. In the Nerd Lounge Information Desk section, possibly move the Site feedback, questions and suggestions into the site news and announcement section as a sub forum. This is also where I would place your thread about your contest as well into the news and announcement area.

Combine the Cell phone and tablets section into one section for Mobile Computing.

But the main thing is the theme your using doesn't convey that your forum is different from other like minded forums. it's just there in a sense and the colors are very contrasting of each other in a bad way.

Other then my suggestions which are just that suggestions I wish you luck on your forum.
(2011-08-30, 07:42 PM)mrbook Wrote: [ -> ]I would also include using a softer text color as well. The neon green is harsh even when sitting on a light grey.

There a few sections that could be combined since this is a new forum. In the Nerd Lounge Information Desk section, possibly move the Site feedback, questions and suggestions into the site news and announcement section as a sub forum. This is also where I would place your thread about your contest as well into the news and announcement area.

Combine the Cell phone and tablets section into one section for Mobile Computing.

But the main thing is the theme your using doesn't convey that your forum is different from other like minded forums. it's just there in a sense and the colors are very contrasting of each other in a bad way.

Other then my suggestions which are just that suggestions I wish you luck on your forum.

I appreciate the feedback. While we have a few upgrades/adjustments up our sleeves (such as condensing the forums), we have not considered changing the Greens out. I do agree that this should be a priority, though, as it is a very sharp contrast that almost hurts the eyes. The reason for it was to be memorable - stand out from the norm. Because in all honesty, it is tough to offer something different from other forums. Because at the end of the day, we're all just message boards.

Can I get other's opinions on the colors-

Like or Dislike the Greens?
*Vote in poll added above
Why don't you remove the white backgrounds in your forum icons?
The forums will be undergoing MASSIVE renovations this weekend. Here's our laundry list:
- Remove white backgroun from icons
- Find better quality smilies/icons
- Possibly generate new color scheme
- Request new logo (from GFX Forums)

*Any other suggestions for us? We are brand new to all of this, but we're quick learners. Give us some suggestions and it WILL be taken seriously.
Your website is pretty ugly in my opinion. I looked at it for 5 seconds then closed my browser.
1) The color scheme isn't appealing. You have green, gray, black, two shades of blue, red... Try sticking with about two colors.
2) Make the logo with transparent background and better font.
3) Your group stats looks really bad, with a big face.
4) I'm sure you copied on, off, offlock images from somewhere else. Either give credits to them, or make your own ones. And moreover, they don't fit the dark scheme of your theme.
Updating my 2-do list as we go:

1) Generate new Color Scheme
a. Follow some suggestions from the sites linked at this site.
b. TRY to involve some of the green color, but not as text. Maybe in just the icons?

2) Find better quality smilies/icons
a. Any suggestions here?

3) Improve the hot,off,locked icons (These were from a .png image website with 50,000+ images... they weren't jacked from anyone.)

4) Request new logo (from GFX Forums, as I don't have any contacts with 'Shop experts)

5) Adjust Group Stats
a. Possibly remove all together
b. Change positioning if left on

6) Consider several Add-on's through My-bb forums

*Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I am dedicated to making this place a success, so please keep the suggestions coming. I will update the list as I hear more ideas.
Ok, guys. I've completed several of the above items from my list.

PLEASE check out the site's new look. I think you'll be proud and pleased! Big Grin Cool

The Nerd Lounge

Can I get some feedback since the new updates? I put a lot if work into it.
I hope you got what you were looking for at my forums.
Pages: 1 2 3 4