MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Install Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am attempting to install MyBB on my Windows 7 Ultimate machine at home prior to uploading to a site I'm working on and I'm running into a problem installing the board. First, I'm running:
Windows 7 Ultimate
MySQL

Server: MySQL (localhost via TCP/IP)
Server version: 5.5.12
Protocol version: 10
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Web server

Apache/2.2.19 (Win32) PHP/5.2.17
MySQL client version: 5.0.51a
PHP extension: mysqli Documentation

I go through the entire install process until I get to the Adminitstrator User part. Once it gets to this screen, I get the following message:

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1364 - Field 'custom_profile_fields' doesn't have a default value
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_adminviews (uid,type,visibility,title,fields,conditions,sortby,sortorder,perpage,view_type) VALUES ('0','user','2','All Users','a:7:{i:0;s:6:\"avatar\";i:1;s:8:\"username\";i:2;s:5:\"email\";i:3;s:7:\"regdate\";i:4;s:10:\"lastactive\";i:5;s:7:\"postnum\";i:6;s:8:\"controls\";}','a:0:{}','username','asc','20','card')

I've gone in and modified the db to eliminate this issue, delete the install directory, and then run the board, but then I get a message that the board has not been updated and that I have to do that first before using the board. Is this an install bug or do I need to do something else prior to my install? I've deleted, redownloaded and reinstalled twice with the same results.
Are all the files uploaded in the right place?
(2011-08-30, 10:31 PM)Radebe Wrote: [ -> ]Are all the files uploaded in the right place?

Yes, all files are uploaded correctly. It's on my local machine so I didn't 'upload' anything. I simply copied the upload directory from the zip file to my document root of the web server on my local machine.
Are you trying to say in Admin control panel You got this message?
If it's in ACP then there is nothing to worry about. Just click Check version and it'll be okay. That's not a bug its just a feature of mybb
For some reason it seems like you either don't have the complete package or have a corrupt package of MyBB. Just to confirm, you are downloading the latest version 1.6.4 right?

Is the downloaded file named mybb_1604.zip ?

I would suggest clearing all your browser's caches and try re-downloading again. Next instead of overwriting the files in your document root, delete what is there and copy the freshly downloaded package there.

If you still get error can you take screenshots of the error so we can see exactly what the error says and where it appears?