MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading from PR2 Error message. Please Help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I am trying to upgrade from PR2, however when I run the upgrade script I select PR2 and press upgrade and on the next screen this error message appears

"mySQL error: 1091
Can't DROP 'messageindex'. Check that column/key exists
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_threads DROP messageindex;"

Does anybody have any ideas what is wrong and how I can fix it?
The column "messageindex" is not in the mybb_threads table in your database.

An easy fix would be to add this column and then run the script again...
It then comes up with subjectindex and moderators missing. Sad
Are you 100% certain your forum was PR2...
DrPoodle Wrote:Are you 100% certain your forum was PR2...

No I am not I am 65% sure I don't think I upgraded to 1.0 but I might have it was a long time ago. But when I try and upgrade from 1.0 I get more errors

Warning: fopen(../inc/settings.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mgboss/public_html/Upload/install/upgrade.php on line 448

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mgboss/public_html/Upload/install/upgrade.php on line 449

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/mgboss/public_html/Upload/install/upgrade.php on line 450

I can click next and then it says remove install directory which I do and then when I try to access the admin directory I get the following

"Language (./inc/languages/) is not installed"
You need to make sure the inc/settings.php is chmodded to 755 or 777...that should do it...

First try and actually find out which version you are running. It should say on the login page of the Admin CP.
DrPoodle Wrote:You need to make sure the inc/settings.php is chmodded to 755 or 777...that should do it...

First try and actually find out which version you are running. It should say on the login page of the Admin CP.

I can't access the admin log in page, when I go to the admin directory I get
"Language (./inc/languages/) is not installed"

EDIT - I changed settings and it worked. Thanks. Smile
No Problem!