MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering.....When you upgrade myBB and you have modifications installed, are they kept?
You can generally keep plugins if it's only a minor upgrade, such as 1.1.* to 1.1.5. Major upgrades from previous versions however will sometimes mean that such mods/plugins are lost.
What about mods. I installed PM admin mod and I don't want to have to redo that.
It depends really on which files were modified in order to install the mod. If the upgrade contains a newer version of a file that you've had to modify, then your changes will be lost.

Nevertheless, you are strongly urged to update to the latest version of MyBB immediately. There have been a number of older boards hacked recently using exploits that 1.1.5 fixes.
If you have modifications or plugins, when you upgrade, I reccomend you update your forum manually.
Meaning??? Forgive me, but I'm retarded when it comes to this stuff.
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...8#pid64108

There is one that says "Updating from 1.1.4 Manually". You should update your forum like that, by modify the files alone, therefore not interfering your modifications if done properly.
Rather than ovewriting the files from the zip, you should use the Patch file to edit your files to prevent your modifications from been lost.

The patch files contains step-by-step upgrade information.

The best is that you should take note of which files that are modified and just do those manual patch to those files while u can overwrite files that will not affect your modifications easily.