MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Not a perfect evening for me...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

It's been a rather poor evening for me. I'll start off with the fact that my desktop's LCD bit the dust earlier this evening. Not too bad of a problem right? Wrong! Most of my work is on my desktop (including my finances and website content), so now it's unaccessible until I can get a new monitor... which will be a while seeing I'm only working at 1 part-time job at the moment, and I don't get that much hours either. (16-20/week) Also my novel that I was working on is on there, plus all the digital books and music I own as well, so that's also not available to me. I was also forced to shut down the system via the button, so I'll probably have to endure a scan of the hard drive when I get the new monitor, which will probably cost C$190 (including taxes and recycling fee of C$6).

That's how my evening has gone so far. Thankfully I have my Asus Eee 4G still, or I'd be in a worse predicament. (Of course, having to deal with Firefox 2.0.0.1 is trouble all by itself!)
Did you happen to have RDP setup or VNC installed? I run all my home servers headless and keep SSH setup to accept connections from specific IPs on my home network so I can access it remotely if I ever need to.
Neither of those. Sad I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 on it, and I'm not exactly a genius when it comes to Linux. It's why I keep a copy of Ubuntu Bible on my desk!
I would try to access your PC over SSH from your Asus. If it works, then you can mount your drive and access all of your work from a network share.
I broke my Ipod Touch digitizer screen today Sad
(2011-09-01, 01:55 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I broke my Ipod Touch digitizer screen today Sad

Well, my phone's USB functionality refuses to work with Ubuntu 10.04 (phone works fine but the PC won't see it as a drive or show it in the Media Player). So I'm without any music, except what came on my phone.
Other than my pc crashing for no reason (most likely this silly motherboard), my evenings been great. Don't you have another monitor somewhere?
190?
You should be able to find some decent 21 - 23" screens for around $130-140.

Whereabouts do you live?

EDIT:

Checked your profile, you're in Alberta, perfect:
http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PI...ME%29.aspx

There's a couple of Memory Express locations out there, this 21.5" screen with 1920x1080 resolution is only 89.99!

Fantastic price for someone tight on budget.
No Memory Express location in Camrose, and I don't drive. I was planning to pick up a 17" monitor from Staples when I have enough saved up for it plus the applicable taxes and recycling fee of six bucks.
For the same cost, 190?

Why not just get it shipped then?
Not a lot of places sell 17s anymore, they're no longer in production. You should be seeking something over 20"
Pages: 1 2