MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Break long words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
testtesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttesttest

Maybe long words like that should automatically be broken? I think php has a built in function for it... let me see...

Ahh yes: http://uk.php.net/wordwrap

Not really a top priority problem, but its something that should definately be fixed Smile

And by the way, Congratulations for making such a great forum

MyBB > Invision > vBulletin > phpBB IMO ^__^
I've asked for it to be implemented on the MyBB 1.2 BETA forums. I just hope they do it!
Smile
Just to update, it's now a feature being tested on the BETA board. If it doesn't cause any "side effects" then it will be in the release!
Are you the messenger or something? Toungue
Hes our leak Toungue
Yeah Chris is very proud of it Smile
Is it using wordwrap(), or a preg_replace()? I seem to remember wordwrap() having some dodgy limitations. [Image: xso_undecided.gif]

Does it insert spaces every x characters? Will it disrupt long URLs or BBCode or HTML?

Sorry for my annoying questions... the anticipation is killing me... [Image: xso_tongue.gif]
It uses preg_replace.

Quote:Does it insert spaces every x characters? Will it disrupt long URLs or BBCode or HTML?
Yes - spaces.
No - won't break HTML, URLs, code etc.