MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Poll White Page (After selecting option)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

After recently upgrading to MyBb 1.6.4, we have found that the polls no longer work. When selecting a poll option and pressing the "vote" button, it loads to a white page.

I've searched around and found it may have something to do with the showthread_polls template, however I have tried reverting several to original and it does not work. We have about 15 templates so this is hard to change, and it said to change it in "default template" but there is no showthread_polls under the default template.

Thanks!
Are you sure you're looking at the right template set?? Because this template should be the only thing having an effect on this.
The default template? I'll have a look.

[Image: 05hOu.png]

I've reset them all and the issue still occurs, this is the "Default Templates" template set (it says Default Templates Used by: Default)

Edit: I've just changed showthread_polls to the right default code as stated in this topic http://community.mybb.com/thread-100283.html (post #8) in the Default Template set.

No change, still a white page.

EDIT: I have managed to get it working on the default theme that thankfully almost every user uses called Novus Black Fluid. However the default MyBB blue theme and my theme Apart Flame Red, still have the issue.

EDIT: I replaced the showthread_polls with the same code for the themes "Accord Ember" and the issue is still there. As above you sayd that one one template set should have an effect, it was successful for the set default forum theme, but myself and other members that use other themes, and it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help so far!
PM me ACP login details, there must be a template you're missing somewhere.
The showthread_poll template in the Novus Black Fluid Templates, Default Templates and Accord Ember Templates all had the old code in; I've reverted them to default, see what it does now.
Voting on a poll with Apart Flame and Accord Ember still has a white screen, the address bar states "http://redprestige.com/forum/polls.php?action=vote&pid=22&option=1"

Voting on a poll with Novus Black Fluid, the forum default, now has the white screen again, same as above.

So unfortunately it hasn't fixed anything and Novus Black was fixed, but is now broken again.
OK, this is confusing, it's saying it's default but it's got the old code in it. Did you actually run the upgrade script when you upgraded...?? Because your files and database are somehow out of sync.
I'm afraid I can't answer that because I was away when the board was upgraded. It was upgraded by the other site admins. They said it was.

It's definitely possible that the upgrade process was carried out incorrectly, in which case I would then need your help to set things straight.

EDIT: I just realised your avatar here is on a random rotation, I thought you were just messing around trying to get a nice looking one Toungue

EDIT: The guy that carried out the upgrade said he was confused about what he did, so it looks like we didn't do it right.

"He downloaded 1.6.4. form mybb
turned of site with .hacces on website root
after that we uploaded the 1.6.4. ZIP to the root
and we packed there out
then put site online
voila 1.6.4. was made"

Eh :/
I've just run the file verification tool on your forum, and a whole load of files are showing up as changed, most of which are the files in the install folders, and actually the upgrade file to upgrade to 1.6.4 is missing, so this is why the upgrade didn't work.

Download 1.6.4 again, upload it all so it overwrites the current files, and upgrade again.

(2011-09-01, 03:54 PM)Sheza Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I just realised your avatar here is on a random rotation, I thought you were just messing around trying to get a nice looking one Toungue

Confuses a lot of people Toungue
Updated now, should be working.

With regards to the theme changes part of the upgrade - what exactly do I have to do? There's so many changes, do I have to revert every single one back?

Quote:You can either revert these templates to their default - meaning all the changes you've made to it will be removed - or you can see a Diff Report which will show you exactly what's changed. If you have a custom theme installed, it is probably best that you look at the Diff Report and apply the changes you need.
Pages: 1 2