MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Really high load.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am on shared hosting so this could be one of the main reasons. But this still seems way to high. I am starting to get a bit worried.

I am using MyBB 1.6.4

This is what I am seeing.

Generated in 1.0385711 seconds (94.25% PHP / 5.75% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 38 / Global Parsing Time: 0.6006870 / Memory Usage: 12.25 MB
PHP version: 5.3.6 / Server Load: 39.26 / GZip Compression: Enabled

Its the PHP Processing thats the main problem. I have tried disabling all the plugins and it makes no difference. I have another host with an older version of the forum. The PHP was pretty low on it. I then uploaded a copy of the forum I have now and the PHP went right up.

If you need anything to help me debug this just let me know.

The forum URL is http://forum.pinguyos.com
You've got a fairly big forum which contributes towards server load. Plus you're on shared hosting so it's the load of the whole server and not just your website. So, it could be another website on your server causing the high load.

Maybe try deleting a few unnecessary plugins?
It's pretty much certainly the host. A forum of your size should not be running anywhere near that sort of load, especially when there's nobody active on it at the moment. Remember that with shared hosting, the load is that caused by every site on your server; if there's hundreds or even thousands of sites on your server then it's going to be working very hard, plus some people may have sites putting a lot of pressure on the server which will push the load up even more. Ultimately unless you've installed some power-hungry script your site won't be the cause, all you can really do is move to a better host.
Ok thanks for the info. But isn't it a bit odd that MySQL is always low? Its only the PHP thats high. I get that there are hundreds of other websites on this server ( I think it is 200 last time I checked the DNS). But if the PHP is high shouldn't I also be seeing similarly high MySQL usages.

My MySQL never goes over 12%. It used to peak when I was viewing threads. Now it doesn't.

I know this is going to be near impossible to trouble shoot as I really don't have anyway to know how much of the usages is coming from the forum. I was just wondering If anyone has come across the problem where PHP is always high but MySQL is always low. Even for thread views.

I am willing to let someone look over the database to see if there could be a problem with that. I don't really want to pay out money for a new host if it could be a problem with the forum.

Last thing I want is to pay for a better server and move the forum over to it just to find out I am still having the same problems and I could of just stayed where I was.
It should only go up when MySQL queries are being run though.
(2011-09-01, 01:16 PM)pinguy Wrote: [ -> ]But isn't it a bit odd that MySQL is always low? Its only the PHP thats high. if the PHP is high shouldn't I also be seeing similarly high MySQL usages.

They can't both be high. Out of the time it took to generate that page, 94.25% of it was PHP working and 5.75% of it was MySQL working; the page generation times are slow, over a second is bad, it's PHP that's slow, not MySQL, so it's the PHP percentage that's high.
Generated in 4.3508229 seconds (98.54% PHP / 1.46% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 38 / Global Parsing Time: 2.1396840 / Memory Usage: 12 MB
PHP version: 5.3.6 / Server Load: 66.45 / GZip Compression: Disabled

Yeah. I don't think it will be long until I get kicked off of the host.
(2011-09-01, 01:27 PM)pinguy Wrote: [ -> ]

You tried enabling GZIP?

But that's what I'm saying, there is no way your forum is causing this level of load. You shouldn't be the one getting kicked off.
(2011-09-01, 01:28 PM)Radebe Wrote: [ -> ]

You tried enabling GZIP?

Its enabled on the server. mod_deflate.