MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gzip function of mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does mybb uses mod_deflate.c to compress?
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/javascript text/css text/html text/xml
</IfModule>
If so then css and java scripts are not compressed why?
mod_deflate is only used to compress css and javascript files.
Question No 1: Then what function mybb uses to compress pages?
Question No 2: But it is not compressing my css files (global.css) , my host allows mod_deflate
(2011-09-01, 03:07 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Question No 1: Then what function mybb uses to compress pages?
Question No 2: But it is not compressing my css files (global.css) , my host allows mod_deflate

Compression of static resources should be handled by mod_deflate via the .htaccess file. You've already got a thread asking about that though.
(2011-09-02, 02:09 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-01, 03:07 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]Question No 1: Then what function mybb uses to compress pages?

Compression of static resources should be handled by mod_deflate via the .htaccess file. You've already got a thread asking about that though.

Still with no solution. This is impossible i.e. there is no method to compress global.css without mod_deflate
There may well be a way, but you say you have mod_deflate enabled - which would be the best way to do it.
(2011-09-02, 02:22 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]There may well be a way, but you say you have mod_deflate enabled - which would be the best way to do it.

Unfortunately mod_deflate is not working (it is enabled though). Better to leave this option. I am finding another way to do it