MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remember what the net was like before Facebook
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-09-05, 06:19 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-05, 05:55 AM)websitedesigningindia Wrote: [ -> ]You know, when you had to blow inside the VCR tapes to keep the dust away? LOL good times!

And the SNES cartridges because they kept locking up.

Replying to spammers again? Toungue Big Grin
I got my PC (first PC) back in 2004, ah the great times, it was on my b'day, haha, my PC arrived over night around 20:00 , the first thing I did was playing Road Rash with my brother. Toungue

I was 10 at that time, I started social networking like chatting with my migrated friend over Yahoo in about 2006, i.e. when I was 12.

Good old times.
(2011-09-05, 06:21 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Replying to spammers again? Toungue Big Grin

Didn't seem like a spammer at the time. Sad
mine had 1.5 Gb hard disk lol not to mention cpu...and the internet speed was 118Kbps LOL

I HATE FACEBOOK

fb become famous in my country because of a fake case, like many other countries...and they hired the press and celebrities to talk about it.

for that ,i hate facebook so much , because most of his users are idiots (people, companies, politiciians...), they spend hours hours of developping "pages" and even codes without getting a penny!!!! while fb earns billions of dollars...without sharing a "#" ... and most thing that i hate about fb is the monopoly, spy scripts,etc ...
Yeah I remember waking up every morning as a kid and logging into AOL with my 56kb connection. Now when I look back at it, the long loading times would kill me since I grew accustomed to fiber optics.
(2011-09-05, 06:19 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]And the SNES cartridges because they kept locking up.

Never the preferred method since our saliva would cause Bad Things ™ to happen Wink
No, the preferred method for me was always the clean them with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol. Got off any corrosion, dirt, etc... then you just had to do a quick check for bits of cotton, which a toothpick pulled out easy, and voila. Nice clean cart. I still do it that way in fact. Its why I've got Original models of consoles instead of having to have replaced them, good care. Wink
I remember back when Windows 1.0 got released, though at home we stuck with DOS (or the WordPerfect shell) until Windows 3.1 was released. Our 8088 had a whopping 640KB of RAM, ran at 12MHz (the turbo button brought it up to 16MHz), and the hard drive was 10MB.

I was introduced to BBS, FidoNet, and IRC in 1993 - before the September which would not end. I first surfed the web using Mosaic.
Ahhh, Mosaic....
You guys all make me feel young.
Well, I can't really say 'cause I was 4 at that time Toungue

(I'm Now 11)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5