MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched but didn't find anything.

Well today I wanted to merge some forums after recently upgrading, I saw some inactive forums and decided to merge some into one forum as they do not get enoigh attention for one forum. Anyhow I couldn't find anywhere to do this so I had to do it manually through Phpmyadmin. I think in 1.2 you should include something in the ACP where admins may merge forums without having to use Phpmyadmin. What d'ya think?
Why didn't you just use Inline Moderating and move all of the threads at the same time to the new forum and just delete the old one in the Admin CP?

There was no need for the use of phpMyAdmin. Smile
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:Why didn't you just use Inline Moderating and move all of the threads at the same time to the new forum and just delete the old one in the Admin CP?

There was no need for the use of phpMyAdmin. Smile

I could have done that, I didn't think of it. However what if someone has 100s of pages or posts? They have to trawl through each page to move the threads when a quick merge forums feature would be a lot easier.
True, I didn't think of that. Smile
Yes I had a similar issue...if you have pages and pages of threads you want merged currently there is no simple way.

labrocca Wrote:Yes I had a similar issue...if you have pages and pages of threads you want merged currently there is no simple way.

Exactly so there should be an easy Forum Merge option in 1.2 Smile
There is currently a feature freeze on 1.2, so i doubt it'll be added before 1.4.