MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone, i currently run IBP v2.3, someone suggested i take a look at MyBB so here i am, I have downloaded the forum and installed it ok, also downloaded the merge system and uploaded that to the main forum root dir as it says, now here is where i am having a problem, when i go to www.domain.com/forum/merge i get no data back from the server, exact error is Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

I have had a browse through here and can’t seem to find a solution, has anyone come across this before?

Cheers,
Mark.
Well, did you actually upload the merge system files there?
:not sure: are you using chrome browser .. (reference)
@faviouz, Yes the folder merge is uploaded with the content of the files to the forum root so the structure is /forum/merge

@ranjani, Yes I an using chrome. Will try IE, just tried with same results.
Did you upload MyBB and then upload the merge system to the MyBB forum root? It doesn't go in the IPB forum root Smile
Ok so for some reason i had to comment out this bit of code from the /merge/index.php

//@ini_set('memory_limit', -1);

Fingers crosses all seems ok for now Smile

With the memory limit in the page just will not output anything.

Just in case anyone else comes across this problem there is the solution.
Umm, that code is actually supposed to remove the memory limit IF your server allows it. And just suppress the message if it doesn't. There is no reason you should have any problems with that line.

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.ph...mory-limit