MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: favicons?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's more work to upload the plugin, activate it, then use plugin.

Versus just uploading the favicon to web root folder.
(2011-09-02, 07:42 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]It's more work to upload the plugin, activate it, then use plugin.

Versus just uploading the favicon to web root folder.

Its hard if one does not know about root Wink
Even harder to upload a plugin if you don't know it.
(2011-09-02, 08:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Even harder to upload a plugin if you don't know it.

I think he knows enough because he has uploaded his forum Wink
(2011-09-02, 08:13 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Even harder to upload a plugin if you don't know it.

I know how to upload plugins but where do I get the favicon plugin.
The point is, you don't need a plugin. The favicon "standard" only requires you to upload the favicon.ico file to the root of your website. The extra meta tags in the head are pretty useless.
Open your FTP and log in the open the public_html or any folder that when you open you will see the mybb files then upload the favicon.ico to that folder then that's it.
(2011-09-02, 09:00 AM)Mesmaroth Wrote: [ -> ]

(2011-09-02, 09:00 AM)Mesmaroth Wrote: [ -> ]

Plugin is here, FAVICON

The web "root" is the folder on your hosting account which is designated for your index page.

On the internet your site is http://www.domain.com/index.php

But when you FTP into your host it's /public_html/index.php or maybe /www/index.php.

So when people say ROOT they mean the root web folder for your website that serves the index page.

That's the best most simplest explanation I can give.
Just too tell everyone I am useing the latest MyBB. So that plugin is incompatible and I don't see public_html although I see index .php any one care to team viewer me. PLEASE PM me.
Pages: 1 2 3