MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NEED HELP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have downloaded plugin " A celebration momment" and i have been given a "Readme" intrutctions on how to install.

and this is what i dont understand and need help on.

"Installation: Upload the files to the mybb root folder and go to ACP->Configuration->Plugins and activate "A Celebration Moment".

where can i find " mybb root folder", i dont understand what it is or where to find it, and i need it to upload and activate.

can anyone tell me where to find "mybb root folder"??

thanks
Your mybb root is the location containing all your mybb files. admin folder, images folder etc......
where can i find it?? :/
How did you uploaded you mybb forum?
Your forum "root" is not a folder or file, its the location that you have all your mybb files in.
Refer to this post to find root:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-102945-...#pid750506

However, the plugins directory is at..

/inc/plugins
i cant find a root folder anywhere?? and i have looked up on youtube tutorials on how to upload plugins. what ive noticed is that all the videos shows some sort of file manger that includes root directory.

i know about to upload, but i just dont know and dont know where to find a " root directory" to upload to?

i need more info, or screenshots on how to get there. thanks
do you have to have a paid domain to have a plugin/inc and a root directory.... i am very lost??
'root' is an alias for where you installed mybb.

/home/username/public_html/forum/ for example.
i had this problem importanting a theme. but for that you have tabs on admin cp to upload it... but with a plugin.. there is nothing, no bad or file selector to help you upload. soo, like.... what do i have to use to upload the "upload" file??/

this is hard to explain. sorry
well what can it mean when it says " upload to mybb root folder".. to me, that makes no sense. it just seems as though its talking about something i dont have :/
ok. i think this is too hard for me too undertand atm. but can someone tell me if there are commands for the shoutbox to ban someone without going to admin cp. because this is the main desire i wanted to know??
Listen to what I am saying.

There isn't an actual folder called 'root'. Root just means where MyBB is located.

Connect to your site via FTP, upload the files to the same folder MyBB is in.
Pages: 1 2