MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB vs MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
in the end result, what do you think would be a better forum software,
IPB 3.2.1 or MyBB 2.0 fully finshed? i would like to know because currently IPB has better looking forums
Considering you're asking this on the official MyBB site, I can tell what the majority of the votes will be for.

IPB has nice themes because it's a premium software, which is great for designers who want to make cash. If people can afford to buy the software, they most certainly can afford to pay for the themes.

well IPB is a commercial software and mybb is free and open source, and this is not ipb its mybb but i would choose mybb over ipb. i can easily just covert a theme from ipb to mybb.
there has only been confirmed features of mybb 2.0 no previews yet so you cannot make a vote.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-99746.html
Gee, I wonder if a completed software will be better than one that hasn't even reached a usable state.
Wrong forum, it should be in General discussions.

MyBB if you ask me, not because I'm using it but because its way better then any paid software.
Best answer is it depends on the admin and the site. If you're looking for more social networking features I would I say IPB. But, I don't like social networking features on a forum so I would pick MyBB.
IPB - $150 Bloated code and hard for a new user to customize.

MyBB - $0 Easy to read and open source code and a breeze to make changes the way you want.

/thread
(2011-09-03, 05:05 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]Best answer is it depends on the admin and the site. If you're looking for more social networking features I would I say IPB. But, I don't like social networking features on a forum so I would pick MyBB.

thank you alex, this was a quality reply i was looking for
I would choose mybb. I like the support, that it is free and everything else about it.
Pages: 1 2