MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Intergrating With My Other Sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know Mybb is A forum system but the reason im doing this is so I can let my Users use my other services aswill

anyway
Im going to create A social network soon in a few years to compete agaisnt other giants like Google + And Facebook
My question is can I intergrate my login system with ny mybb Its going to be a custom socail networking script made by me & my develepers but before i start I need to intergrate
Thanks
Spudster
BumpY bump
(2011-09-03, 01:42 PM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]I know Mybb is A forum system but the reason im doing this is so I can let my Users use my other services aswill

anyway
Im going to create A social network soon in a few years to compete agaisnt other giants like Google + And Facebook
My question is can I intergrate my login system with ny mybb Its going to be a custom socail networking script made by me & my develepers but before i start I need to intergrate
Thanks
Spudster
BumpY bump
If your really asking this question you won't even come close to competing if you don't know basic php... and yes here's the tutorial.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-6190.html
Of course it's possible. If you've got the knowledge to build a decent competitor to Google+/Facebook, then you'll surely have the know-how required to modify a few core files in MyBB to allow remote authentication via your site.
Thanks Im learning PHP In a few years i should have more knowledge (I have a php book)
Compete with Facebook, Google+, myspace etc. yeah right, when pigs fly I will believe that.

#1 - Your going to need MASSIVE and powerful datacenters.

#2- Have you not noticed Facebook is everywhere!?!?
Jason, Facebook became everywhere just by having it as a college social network. Back then, they would never think it'd overtake the likes of Bebo, Mypace etc.

Anything is possible, but to be honest, I agree. Facebook is just a powerhouse now, and Google+ I think will be its only competition, and only because it's Google. I think unless incredibly unique features are added, then you'll have next to no chance, but hey, follow your dreams Smile.

Yes,I want to follow my dreams Big Grin but I don’t like people criticizing me about it Fair enough facebook is everywhere But before facebook there was myspace and freindzser they managed to overcome those networks
As for the server I can figure out away to get a server to pay

As Aniexy said anything is possible