MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many of you have converted from another software?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-09-04, 02:49 AM)Medora Wrote: [ -> ]@ Pyridine: Someone recognizes me from somewhere! Cool. Really.

If someone doesn't recognize you they don't visit TAZ that often. You're seriously like one of the best mods over there.

And to answer the actual question, I converted from phpBB. I loved it back then but compared to MyBB it's rubbish.
I started out with MyBB then switched to VB for a couple new features. Since then I taught myself PHP and SQL to develop groups, blogs, and other things so I could go back to MyBB since I didn't like the ACP at all in VB.
I was once always using phpBB. It is a great software, but the time it takes even to add a simple image resizer is unbelievable. I decided to change to MyBB around 1-2 years ago and have been using it ever since.

I love the simplicity of MyBB.
From SMF 2
Converted from pretty much every other forum software in existence. phpBB, vBulletin, SMF, Phorum, PunBB, FluxBB, Vanilla (which I still use and is absolutely fantastic), and a couple custom solutions that never actually worked all that well.
(2011-09-17, 03:00 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]Converted from pretty much every other forum software in existence. phpBB, vBulletin, SMF, Phorum, PunBB, FluxBB, Vanilla (which I still use and is absolutely fantastic), and a couple custom solutions that never actually worked all that well.

Can i see your vanilla board? I've always enjoyed its concept but never have actually seen a decent site use it.
(2011-09-18, 01:19 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Can i see your vanilla board? I've always enjoyed its concept but never have actually seen a decent site use it.
I'm reworking the entire site right now so there's nothing to see right now. You can check out the Vanilla Community for an idea. It's almost like StackOverflow but without all the childish leveling up and such. The code is absolutely beautiful; it's actually a custom PHP framework with a forum module bundled with it. You can use the framework to make the main site, etc. Very awesome.

When I get the site back up I'll send you a link.
Really, I want to see how users are on it, and its usages, more the social aspect more then technical.
I converted from Zetaboards to MyBB (via SMF)... the thing that made me want to convert was mainly the lack of control over the code in zeta, the narrow margin we had for making any kind of changes to the code (just patches on top of patches, mainly in javascript...instead of just editing the actual code. Urgh) and the software's inability to support certain features that my members wished to have.
(2011-09-18, 06:03 PM)muffin Wrote: [ -> ]I converted from Zetaboards to MyBB (via SMF)... the thing that made me want to convert was mainly the lack of control over the code in zeta, the narrow margin we had for making any kind of changes to the code (just patches on top of patches, mainly in javascript...instead of just editing the actual code. Urgh) and the software's inability to support certain features that my members wished to have.
I can't recall the exact host we tried, but when a community I was a part of a long time ago hit hard times and went down, we tried to move to a free forum host and it was horrible. The administration panel wasn't even usable. It lasted all of one week before we abandoned it.
Pages: 1 2 3