MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any Way to Put a User on Moderation Status ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to place one of the users on moderation status - which means I would see each and every submitted post BEFORE it hits the live board.

How can I do this?

TIA
Dang good question. I'm also curious about this! Big Grin
Well you can't do that for 1 single user, this option is for each forum.

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:Well you can't do that for 1 single user, this option is for each forum.

regards

Please tell me how to do that for a specific Forum. I know how to "Unapprove" something - but not to place it into 'Moderator intervention required'

TIA
Look here

Quote: 10) (11) (12) - If you set this to YES you will have to approve each thread of post or attachment. So it's common to put it NO.
OK thanks.

While that *might* work for a short time - the MUCH better solution would be to apply some form of Moderation controls to specific users.

SMF has an add-on which I like a lot. It is a visual warning which flags a user with 4 levels of increasing moderation controls. The first - warning, merely places a flag in the user's profile to show them, and all others, that this user has been warned. The 2nd level is to require moderation of all posts - so a mod or admin must review the posts before they are released to the board. The 3rd level is called "Mute" and it basically puts the user into 'read-only' mode. And the final level is "banned". All 4 levels are configurable with a time-limit - and they all allow a description by the mod/admin so that the rationale for the actions are seen.

Something like this would be a GREAT addition to MyBB.

zaher1988 Wrote:Look here

Quote: 10) (11) (12) - If you set this to YES you will have to approve each thread of post or attachment. So it's common to put it NO.