MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A user wants to post 209 'posts' in one thread...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
basically, an update of a existing thread with music and stuff. It is one of the most popular threads we have in our forum. However, she is concerned about the fact that 'recent post' queries would be full of it, and she wants to update it without spamming the queries. Can we do that?

So, you want to post 209 replies to a thread without bumping it?
(2011-09-03, 08:15 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]So, you want to post 209 replies to a thread without bumping it?

Exactly.

we don't need to see 209 "Sad Songs" posts in our overview and the board stats.

Anybody?
This question remains unsolved.. Help?
You can't just do this from the Admin CP or something. You'd need to somehow stop the bumping system for a specific thread. In all honesty, what's the problem? Make the 209 posts and move on.
Here is what she is suggesting:

Let me ask this again: would it be possible to temporarily modify the "Recent Posts" query to exclude the "Sad Songs" thread?

The logic would be something like this:

Select top 10 posts from AllPosts
Where threadID Not = 6179 (i.e. the Sad Songs threadID)
Order by DatePosted descending

The logic of the "Recent Posts" query, as it currently exists, must be something like getting the 10 most recent posts based on their time and date stamps. All I'm proposing is to temporarily modify the query so that posts with the Sad Songs threadID would be excluded from the result set. To me, it looks like just a small tweak to the query's "Where" clause.

If this could be done, and left that way for a few days while I post my big backlog, posts I make to the Sad Songs thread would have absolutely zero impact on the Recent Posts listing.

Easy? Hard? Risky?

In my view, if this can be done without much trouble, it's by far the best solution.

----

Can this be done?
Remove thread from View New Posts

1. Open the search.php file in a text editor.

2. In line 1239-1242 find:

if(!empty($onlyusfids))
{
	$where_sql .= "AND ((t.fid IN(".implode(',', $onlyusfids).") AND t.uid='{$mybb->user['uid']}') OR t.fid NOT IN(".implode(',', $onlyusfids)."))";
}

3. Add afterwards:

$where_sql .= "AND t.tid NOT IN ('6179')";

Remove thread from View Today's Posts

1. Open the search.php file in a text editor.

2. In line 1316-1319 find:

if(!empty($onlyusfids))
{
	$where_sql .= "AND ((t.fid IN(".implode(',', $onlyusfids).") AND t.uid='{$mybb->user['uid']}') OR t.fid NOT IN(".implode(',', $onlyusfids)."))";
}

3. Add afterwards:

$where_sql .= "AND t.tid NOT IN ('6179')";