MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My New Site - Please Comment - A Work in Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please click My New Site and comment.

This is my first forum. I am new at this.

How do you like my color scheme?

I am still modifying.

Thank you for your help.

Your theme is on a free forum host, it doesn't have a TLD, the theme is hideous (sorry but it must be said), you have one forum/cat, and I have no idea what your forum is about.

Oh, and if it's a work in progress don't put it here until it's done. This is for finished sites wanting feedback
LOL... just give it to me straight. Please don't hold back. But seriously, thanks.

I will get a TLD once I'm convinced the site will "fly".

I'm posting here for advice to help me improve it. Is there another place I should post instead?

The forum is private and known to members only, not needed to be identifiable to the public.
Brilliant! And here I've been working so hard for nothing... LOL. Thank you very much!

(2011-09-03, 09:00 PM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]Very Sad theme, : http://mods.mybb.com/themes

OK, after looking through many great looking skins / themes, it appears there's no way to import any of them my "CreateMyBB" hosted site. And so I will try to improve what I've got. This is fun.

(2011-09-03, 09:04 PM)BR549 Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant! And here I've been working so hard for nothing... LOL. Thank you very much!

(2011-09-03, 09:00 PM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]Very Sad theme, : http://mods.mybb.com/themes

If you want good hosting, use Polar Host (in my sig) I have over a year experience with Mybb and such. I'd be happy to help you out, webmaster to webmaster. Smile
Your theme is really bad. Sorry to say that.

And just as Kolton pointed out, get a proper host instead of createmybb.

The "polar bear" plan in Kolton's polar host is best to start with, and it requires just 20 posts. And for domain, do some posting deal with others and get a domain, if you don't have money to pay for it.

Saying, "I would get a domain if my forum becomes successful", isn't a good attitude. You should believe that your forum will succeed, else how will others believe?
Quote:"I would get a domain if my forum becomes successful", isn't a good attitude.

This.
It shouldn't be "I would get a domain if my forum becomes successful"

It should be "I will get a TLD so that my forum will have a better chance at becoming successful"

This is a major part of what attracted me to MyBB, members willing to help. I would be glad to receive your assistance - if I continue to pursue a MyBB forum / site. And I will keep your hosting recommendation in mind. However currently I foresee no need to change hosting since this my site is private and service only 5 to 20 members.

(2011-09-03, 11:13 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]If you want good hosting, use Polar Host (in my sig) I have over a year experience with Mybb and such. I'd be happy to help you out, webmaster to webmaster. Smile

I appreciate the criticism, just what I was hoping for by starting this thread. I have made changes since starting this thread and will continue to do so. But I could not expect to improve how it looks without help like yours. Thank you.

I have no problem buying a domain name, just don't need to spend until I determine that I can get the site presentable and that I can get it to serve my purposes. If so, then no problem - members will pay for the membership and service.

(2011-09-04, 05:47 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Your theme is really bad. Sorry to say that.

And just as Kolton pointed out, get a proper host instead of createmybb.

The "polar bear" plan in Kolton's polar host is best to start with, and it requires just 20 posts. And for domain, do some posting deal with others and get a domain, if you don't have money to pay for it.

Saying, "I would get a domain if my forum becomes successful", isn't a good attitude. You should believe that your forum will succeed, else how will others believe?

Right, I fully intend to use a TLD before the site goes live for business.

(2011-09-04, 05:43 PM)PJGIH Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:"I would get a domain if my forum becomes successful", isn't a good attitude.

This.
It shouldn't be "I would get a domain if my forum becomes successful"

It should be "I will get a TLD so that my forum will have a better chance at becoming successful"