MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I've screwed my pc, any help appreciated...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, today I did a reinstall of windows. I was using my OCZ SSD as a secondary drive, but finally got round to reinstalling windows and using it as a boot drive. I then used NTFS junction points to move the program files and users folders to a secondary terabyte hard disk.

I have 3 monitors.

1 and 2 are plugged into the 9800GT using VGA and hdmi respectively. 3rd is plugged into the inboard using DVI-D.

I have set the default display device in my bios to PCIe, but it always reverts to monitor 3 (onboard). I have tried installing the drivers for the 9800gt, but it won't have any of it, because windows doesn't even recognise the card Sad

Any ideas? The card worked fine this morning.

Also, the CPU fan is working ALL the time, even though it used to be really quiet Sad
Motherboard drivers are installed and up to date?

CPU fan no clue :s
>nvidia

Have you tried it with monitors plugged into only the GPU and disabling onboard graphics to see if you get anything on the screen?

For the CPU, is it under constant load? High temperatures?
I dint have a clue how to doable the onboard graphics, I've searched for ages and I can only change to first display adapter.

The temps aren't high Confused before reinstall, the fans were quiet, afterwards they are b,owing like mad Confused it's like the bios has no control over it XD
Step 1: Update to the latest drivers for your board from nVidia.
Step 2: Reboot and test Wink
The drivers are useless as windows doesn't even recognise the card is there. The drivers won't install because it says I'm "not running compatible hardware for this driver"
Ok,I think I fixed it, I reseated the card a few times and only plugged the VGA monitor into the card. Seems to have recognised it Smile now I just need to find a way of using both the onboard and card at the same time. When I first built my PC, this was the major problem Confused
Just don't disable it on the motherboard. My old build was set that way. Mind you it was Pentium 4...
You know, if you had an ATI card, you could just use the GPU for more than 2 monitors...
Why is that? Also, minecraft is being buggy now, could it be a graphics issue? I get a framerate of about 30 now, before it would max at ten times that Confused
AMD/ATI GPUs with eyefinity support more than two monitors, whereas nvidia only supports 2 at most per GPU. Minecraft running like crap could be related to your GPU, yeah. Might be fried.
Pages: 1 2