MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: So I just bought an NES...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been looking into buying an NES for a couple weeks now; I had never played one before save for once at my second-grade friend's party that I can't remember anything about but holding the controller.

I happened to call a local used game store and they had just bought a "pretty nice looking" NES earlier that morning. I immediately walked over and bought it along with Super Mario Bros. and Paper Boy. It's awesome.

I feel like I've completed my pre-twenties years. This is a good day.

NES/vintage game system thread. Discuss.
I prefer SNES, that's why I have it. Same great games, better graphics.
I still have a SNES and several games. They work like new! I have Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars (contains Mario 2, 3, The Lost Levels, and the original), The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past (perhaps the best game ever!), Contra III, and Killer Instinct.

If you have not played them, you absolutely must play those Mario games plus the Zelda game. I do not know if they are available for the NES, though.
Holy mother of god....

I read this and thought maybe I'll get a cheap used one. I amazon'ed it. Got this.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-World-...905&sr=8-3
Go to Hock shops. Always have cheap games. The five dollar bin, take ten and be like, since i'm taking ten, can i get them for 3/each. They will almost always do it.
(2011-09-04, 03:03 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Hock shops. Always have cheap games. The five dollar bin, take ten and be like, since i'm taking ten, can i get them for 3/each. They will almost always do it.

None around here Sad. I'll look for one on my way home from Atlantic City though.
(2011-09-04, 02:56 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Holy mother of god....

I read this and thought maybe I'll get a cheap used one. I amazon'ed it. Got this.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Mario-World-...905&sr=8-3

Old tech is big money now. The baby boomers want their games again!

On topic I would go for the SNES. I vaguely remember the NES but remember playing and loving the SNES for years Big Grin. Hell still run emulators of it once in awhile because of the great titles.
I have a NES, I should sell it if its worth that much haha!
Had a NES and sold it with games for like $5 a few years back. I really can't see the NES being worth that much because there's heaps around. Maybe that's just a rare game.

Personally prefer emulators than maintaining an old system and cartridges which can gather dust. You don't get the controller and uber-ness of the hardware I guess, but the NES emulators are pretty accurate these days.
I own (All working unless noted):
Atari 2600
Commodore 128 (Don't argue that it isn't a gaming console, I understand what it truly is... but I game on it)
NES - Original Model
NES - Original Model, Broken
SNES - Original Model
N64
Gamecube
PS1 - Original Model
PS2 - Original Model
Sega 16 bit x2 - Original Model
Dreamcast - Not sure on Model, and Broken (Brother spilled pop on it and still owes me a new one)
XBOX

- I'm a system collector. I'm just too broke now to afford the newer ones at this point, blech. Darned kids :|
Pages: 1 2 3