MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change left margin under last post column
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I change the margin under the last post column in my forum. Go to see. The default mybb doesn't have this problem but on this Apart theme the margin is set too high on the left. Moving it over about three letters worth of space would be adequate.
admin panel --> templates --> your active templates set --> forumbit templates --> forumbit_depth1_forum_lastpost

find code similar to below :

<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a><br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span>

replace with code similar to below :
<div style="margin-left:4px"><span class="smalltext"><a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a><br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span></div>

(2011-09-04, 10:49 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel --> templates --> your active templates set --> forumbit templates --> forumbit_depth1_forum_lastpost

find code similar to below :

<span class="smalltext"><a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a><br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span>

replace with code similar to below :
<div style="margin-left:4px"><span class="smalltext"><a href="{$lastpost_link}" title="{$full_lastpost_subject}"><strong>{$lastpost_subject}</strong></a><br />{$lastpost_date} {$lastpost_time}<br />{$lang->by} {$lastpost_profilelink}</span></div>

Thanks, but this does not work. I have tried to mess with it a bit too and I have had no luck. Any other suggestions?
last post column appears to be right aligned in forumbit_depth2_forum template
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>

change to left aligned (also add left margin if required)
<td class="{$bgcolor}" valign="top" align="left" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>
I want to keep it right aligned but I want the text to extend further to the left. There is a lot of room that is left blank and "Rules (read before posting) will appear "Rules (read before postin..." Ideally it would allow 4-5 characters more to extend left. I don't know why the theme maker has it set like this but it is driving me nuts.
Yeah I have the same problem American. There seems to be a limit on the topic/subject length to just 28 characters (including spaces) - I am on the myBB default theme and it's the same here on myBB itself. Not sure about a workaround, if there is one? Can't seem to find anything within the theme I can change or any settings on the ACP!

Note: I don't have the problem with the width of the last post column btw, just the topic length won't compliment it!
Woa...hold the phone..there's a solution! Can't believe I missed this, been searching for ages!

Anyway, here's the solution, best of luck! Big Grin

http://community.mybb.com/thread-41729.html