MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mania Creative - 3.5 years old :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The website has been running since January 2008, the MyBB forum has been added and integrated into the site in fall 2008.

It's a site for the Trackmania racing game community, features tutorials, services and possibilities to show off new ingame/offgame media. Almost 12k users are registered, unfortunately only few of them are active.

The mybb framework is integrated in many ways into the website, mostly in terms of displaying certain posts of a "newspage" subforum as news on the frontpage and access to downloads, services, custom shoutbox etc...
It has a custom colorset, custom forumicons, a gamesection etc.pp.

Feedback / Opinion / Ideas welcome.

Newspage: http://news.mania-creative.com
Forum: http://forum.mania-creative.com
news page is nice. can you tell me how did you do it ? which all plugins you used etc ?
Do they use "." instead of "," to denote thousands in Germany?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mar...imal_point

The opposite, but yeah.
(2011-09-05, 06:23 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Do they use "." instead of "," to denote thousands in Germany?

That article is wrong. I am from Australia and we definitely use "," to denote thousands.
Yup, even in India also we use comma. That article is certainly wrong
This article states that countries in blue (US, Canada, Australia, India, etc) uses periods as a decimal point (Hence, $20.00, etc).

The countries in green (Italy, France, etc.) uses commas. (As in 2,50 €)

What I meant was, since countries in blue already uses periods as a decimal point, they don't use a decimal point again to denote thousands (They use comas - 1,000).

And vice versa for the countries in green.

I was (trying) to pull off a "since they do this, it has to be opposite of that".
Sorry for being too confusing.
(2011-09-05, 09:21 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]That article is wrong. I am from Australia and we definitely use "," to denote thousands.
(2011-09-05, 09:23 AM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]Yup, even in India also we use comma. That article is certainly wrong

(2011-09-05, 05:33 AM)avi Wrote: [ -> ]news page is nice. can you tell me how did you do it ? which all plugins you used etc ?
It is relatively easy. Since the newspage is connected to mybb (as all other pages), I can use its commands to deliver me data:

1) I need to get all threads from the desired subforum:
$query = $db->simple_select('threads', '*', "fid='{$frontpagenewsforum}' ORDER BY tid DESC LIMIT {$limit}");

2) If a thread is "moved", its "firstpost" value is "0", so i need to replace this value with the one of its successor. This requires another query to the db (with the help of the "closed" value, which points to the new thread).

3) When i have all my valid "firstpost" values gathered, i fetch their contents.

4) I can use mybb's parser and options to format the post's "message" field.
$parser = new postParser;			
$options = array
	(
	'allow_html' => 'no',
	'filter_badwords' => 'yes',
	'allow_mycode' => 'yes',
	'allow_smilies' => 'yes',
	'allow_imgcode' => '1',
	'nl2br' => 'yes',
	'me_username' => 'yes'
	);
	$message = $parser->parse_message($row2['message'], $options);

And for each post's content, I output a little template in which the values are inserted.

echo ("<table width=\"630\" ...........{$message}............</table>")

Plugins I use

Peoples' stuff:
- SignHeightLimit (1.0), Signature Control (1.0), Force Postbit Layout (1.0), Game Section (1.2), One Signature Of One User Per Page! (1.0.0), Its My Birthday! (2.2), Clean Favicon (0.1), Registration Security Question (1.2), Stop forum spam (1.2), Welcome PM/Email (1.1)

My stuff:TStar MX AJAX plugin BBCode (1.0), TStar TMX AJAX plugin BBCode (1.0). Both are used to fetch and format data from an external site. See HERE
It's quite a cool forum. Nice work so far hope it all works out for you.