MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.6.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my forum, I've made a TON of core edits to make the forum to my liking. I did not keep a record of ANY of it...and I need to upgrade to install some plugins.

How can I do this?
Core edits as in? What version are you currently using?

It shouldn't effect much of anything.
Just things in language files, index files, etc. It says on the upgrade page it will replace all core edits.
yeah, it'll overwrite everything. I had to redo some of my edits from 5 files
Ok thanks for that pointless post .I'm asking is there a way to get around that or see what I've edited.
You can use a diff viewer. I'm on Linux so I use the diff command usually. Or when I'm feeling a bit lazy I use Meld Diff Viewer. I'd suggest you use the Patches plugin for core edits.
Unless you go through every file and look at what's changed in them between 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 with a diff tool there isn't much you can do. Really if you're making loads of edits to file you ened to make a note of what they are.
(2011-09-05, 08:05 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Unless you go through every file and look at what's changed in them between 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 with a diff tool there isn't much you can do.

He could compare what's changed between his installation and a fresh package of his version.
Either way, it's not going to be a quick job and chances are something will get missed.