MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inc: "config.php" file is blank.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've uploaded all of the files (yahoo web hosting) but the file "inc:config.default.php" would not upload. I tried to change the permissions but havent had any luck.

In the instructions of installing on this site it says to change the name from "config.default.php" to "config.php". I did this but it still will not upload.
In fact, when I open the file "config.php" it is completely blank... what happened to its contents?

Additionally, while trying to do the CHMOD portion of the file upload I cannot find any way to change the security permissions based on the instructions provided on this site.

any help much appreciated!!

Thank you
That means Yahoo is blocking it. change the file name to something else, Test.php.
(2011-09-05, 03:12 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]That means Yahoo is blocking it. change the file name to something else, Test.php.

but the file is empty when i open it on my computer. I re downloaded the files again just in case I had done something to delete it somehow, but the file is still all blank when I open it on my computer before even uploading it to yahoo.... ? Is there a place I can get the coding for individual files?

Thank you.
config.default.php file is a blank file . if yahoo doesn't accept a blank file then add // at the beginning
and save file to upload. config.php file is written with required details while installing the myBB system
thank you !
If I were you, I'd find a better host than Yahoo, you'll end up having problems with them.
(2011-09-05, 08:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If I were you, I'd find a better host than Yahoo, you'll end up having problems with them.

Really do you have a suggestion? I thought Yahoo was a good one to use but I am not very educated on web hosting as of yet.
StableHost, HawkHost, MDDHosting come in mind. Search for their reviews here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
If you want to go with a large company, which is a smart idea really, go with Dreamhost, LiquidWeb, even Hostgator isn't too terrible.

Dreamhost has amazing support, i know many Admin's here that are server geniuses, still use a shared account from them.

LiquidWeb is a Datacentre, so support wise you have first class, since they have staff at the Datacentre that can fix whatever issue you have at all.

Hostgator is a large company, well known, but then again, i've never heard too many of it's users hating on it too badly. They oversell, so be wary of that.