MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: google bot dont want to visit! :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, as per title.. googlebot still not shown up on my forum which is about a week old, any ideas please?

The settings at the mo are:
Name: Google
String: Googlebot
Lang: English
Theme: my current theme (also tried it on default etc)
user group: guests

ive also got my domain redirected to the forum ie: mydomain.co.uk/forum.. oops, when i say domain i meant homepage because all on same host Smile
May I know your forum URL please? Were you suspended by host in last 3-7 days or some downtimes or some bad cases?

If so, Google also might penalize some sites who broke their TOS and are de-indexed for a while or either permanently.
sure: http://www.carpinmad.co.uk nah no suspension or nowt, only signed up the domain about 3 weeks ago Smile
I saw Google indexing your website just now. You probably never linked to your website anywhere, which is why Google was unable to find it. But now that you posted it here, Google crawled the link and indexed the website.
aye its indexed now, weird!
Also, I'd suggest you to goto www.google.com/addurl/ and add your website again so it would continue indexing your website again by chance if you are not indexed. Smile
That's not needed, Google already indexed the website. It won't hurt, but it's just unnecessary.

What you can do, however, is install Google SEO. This won't magically add your site to other search engines either, but it will make it much more search engine friendly, and therefore you'll have better search rankings.