MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: servers in freezer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
had anyone putted his servers in his old freezer for a long time without any problemes like oxidation,etc...the freezer is ice-less

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyfq4TkVNO7iJNUTPmbn9...pp7wP6DxrU]
is the the small fan-less servers are good?
Freezers aren't meant to cool off computers.
it only one or two
Well keeping servers cool is easy by just having the room they're in air conditioned. You could also make sure that the server machines have a good cooling system. I know my dedicated box has a great fan and I have central air running throughout the entire house, so the servers overheating isn't a problem at all.
i know , but what if we want to reduce the cost, freezers are good thermo_isolated like google's containers, the question is is it reliable to use for years ? because i don't have google technology lol
No. The computer will produce more heat than the freezer will cool off. Because, as I said, freezers aren't meant to cool off computers. They were designed to keep food fresh.
The freezer won't cool down the air quick enough. The idea of fans is that the hot air is moved away quickly Smile
but the freezer is like an AC with an isolated box, cold air blowing type with no ice, therefore no probleme to cool up the server

i need to know if anyone used it for years to cold up his server.
Humidity = dead computer.
Why don't you understand? A freezer is not the same as an air conditioner. They're very different things which work very differently. A freezer doesn't "blow up air" as you say, it would probably mess up your computer because of humidity.
Pages: 1 2 3