MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to hide a div for a particular user in mybb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How to hide a div for a particular user or users who have checked them with okay.

Additional details:
I want to set a survey form on my forum. Everything is okay. The only problem is it displays every time a user visits the site again. I want to get user choice i.e. if he clicked on "Done, and don't show me again" . Then the survey forum will never be displayed for him until there is a new survey Wink
Every user has their own specific ID that identifies them through the software, you can use this to identify if they have submitted the survey.
I was also thinking for that, but it will add (thousands) database record , e.g.
if a user has a uid =3 then survey forum will mark true (1) in database for user no 3 (assuring that he has finished the survey)
If there are 1000 members then there will be a 1000 records . So I am finding another method for doing this
Well, I meant to just add a column to the already established user table.
(2011-09-12, 11:10 PM)Masayoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I meant to just add a column to the already established user table.

I am looking for another method without database stuff
(2011-09-14, 02:06 PM)nadlerz Wrote: [ -> ]Try this: http://mods.mybb.com/view/poll-on-index

why??
You want survey right ?
Yeah survey kinda animated with jquery (somewhat similar with facebook new features)
(2011-09-14, 02:02 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-12, 11:10 PM)Masayoshi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I meant to just add a column to the already established user table.

I am looking for another method without database stuff

Impossible in that case, really. The only other way is to set a cookie, but even that expires over time. The only true way to prevent them from filling it out more than once is using a database, or by writing IDs to a file and checking that file.
Pages: 1 2