MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disabled custom title but moderators are still able ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Disabled custom title but moderators are still able set custom title. How is that possible. At all groups it is disabled.
any idea ?
wow nobody knows this ?
You might need to edit that setting specifically for the Moderator/Super Moderator groups. In your ACP go to Users & Groups -> Groups -> Options -> Edit Group -> Users and Permissions -> Uncheck "Can use custom user titles?"
(2011-09-20, 02:09 AM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes also you can remove it from postbit classic templetes to hide title from threads.

This would remove the entire title, which is not what OP want.

Steven's method will be the actual solution.
(2011-09-20, 04:05 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-20, 02:09 AM)Bapun Raz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes also you can remove it from postbit classic templetes to hide title from threads.

it is already disabled. how can i hide editing custom title from user panel ?
(2011-09-20, 10:54 PM)MonsterMMORPG Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-20, 04:05 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]

it is already disabled. how can i hide editing custom title from user panel ?
It should automatically restrict them from editing when doing what Steven said.

(2011-09-20, 01:47 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to edit that setting specifically for the Moderator/Super Moderator groups. In your ACP go to Users & Groups -> Groups -> Options -> Edit Group -> Users and Permissions -> Uncheck "Can use custom user titles?"

i did that but they are still able. i dont get it.
(2011-10-13, 11:42 PM)MonsterMMORPG Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-20, 01:47 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]You might need to edit that setting specifically for the Moderator/Super Moderator groups. In your ACP go to Users & Groups -> Groups -> Options -> Edit Group -> Users and Permissions -> Uncheck "Can use custom user titles?"

i did that but they are still able. i dont get it.

Then you did something wrong. Because this is a default MyBB feature for permissions to use custom user titles on a per group basis.

However if you disable the custom title the existing title will not disappear. You may need to run a mysql query to blank them all out.

Something like this will empty the usertitle for regular members:

UPDATE mybb_users SET usertitle="" WHERE usergroup="2";