MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'Rainbow' style usernames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I want usernames for a certain usergroup on my forum to display in different colours, for example.

I would add myself to a usergroup called 'rainbow' and my name would appear as: First letter Blue, Second Green, Third Red and so on, i'm just wondering if anyone knows the code to do this which i'd put in Username Style in the group, thanks in advance!
It's not that simple. You'd need a bit of JavaScript magic to do it or develop a PHP solution to split a username into pieces and colour each letter.

But let me ask you something first. Do you really need this? Like, seriously?
I'm not desperate for this but it'd be nice, I can remember doing it before on MyBB around a year and a half ago, but I completely forgot the code and i'm not really a coder so I did it quite simply with how I stated as far as I can remember, so surely it's possible without Javascript?
No, it's not possible without JavaScript or PHP. The latter being a better solution. Unless there's some sneaky CSS hack I'm not aware of. There's a tutorial which you could pick up, but it doesn't do exactly what you want.

http://forums.mybbcommunity.com/thread-1539.html

I'll have a look at that and see what it does, i'm not too fussed as all I want really is a rainbow usernames for a certain group.
Thanks for the link.
Pirata make a plugin ages back for 1.4, no clue it was updated for 1.6, or finished for that matter.

Check MyBB-Plugins