MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Session table crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately when ever the Daily cleanups task is ran my session table crashes. this is the error thats in the task log.

Quote:MyBB SQL Error - [20] array ( 'error_no' => 1194, 'error' => 'Table \'**_sessions\' is marked as crashed and should be repaired', 'query' => 'DELETE FROM ***_sessions WHERE uid=\'0\' AND time < \'1315288923\'', )

I found the following thread http://community.mybb.com/thread-98995.html i put the sessions table into memory. I was wondering if someone could tell me what the mysql error ment cause i sure as hell don't and I really want to continue using Mybb but if the sessions table crashes after every task for the daily clean up, I'll have to look somewhere else.
It means the table crashed in MySQL. It can be repaired. I believe it happens because MyBB sessions on a busy site conflict and corrupt the table when using myisam.
So switching to Memory should be able to keep it from crashing?
With memory when/if it crashes there is no table to rebuild. When you use memory all data is in memory rather than the hard drive and if you restart mysql all data in the table is reset. But it's perfectly fine to run sessions as memory. I've done it without detriment to performance on a number of my sites and 100% it prevents the table crash from every happening.