MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cryptx.org - Join The Revolution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
URL: http://www.cryptx.org

Cryptx.org is a community that offers a market, gaming discussion, competitions, graphics, videos, promotions, etc... You will have to check the site out for yourself!

The site is based around RS a lot, since me and thee other admin & mods all play the game and figured we would like to make it semi-based around it.

So if your a RS Fan I think you will enjoy the site!

www.cryptx.org - join the revolution
1) General forums nowadays tend to fail easily. You have got to bring something different to the table. If you want to survive then consider targeting your own niche and focus on it. As you go on, you will be able to add those general topics on your forum.

2) You have around 80 forums and 10 categories. That is a bad start for a new forum. The ideal number of forums to start with would be 8-11 and 1-3 categories. Only add forums when your community grows and when there is a need for it.

3) You have a shout box. That is bad especially for a start-up forum because it kills content generated on your forum. Focus on building content with posts. Shout box usually takes away user posting activity and will only do no good for you.

Just my two cents.
(2011-09-08, 02:09 PM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]3) You have a shout box. That is bad especially for a start-up forum because it kills content generated on your forum. Focus on building content with posts. Shout box usually takes away user posting activity and will only do no good for you.
^ This. I'd strongly insist that if you are in initial stage, you shouldn't have shoutbox as per me. It'd just kill or has possibly of making one's forum growth stunted. Some people may hinder or wonder to post just one thing over shoutbox rather than creating one whole fun thread over lounge, so that is where you might loose your precious 1 post and 1 thread count.

Other than that, as there are many general forums out, make sure you got some unique niche to make people think why they should be over here where there are such similar forums.

Apart from it, looks good, theme is also good, just don't like menu links (search,etc) they should be actually a bit more over top side and of small text.

Thanks for the feedback guy's, although I dont think traffic will be hard to gain as long as you do it right. We are offering virtual game cash, for the game Runescape in order to receive registrations once they register they can earn more cash by referring people, etc..

So it's a bit tempting and most forums with markets do in fact take off. I do agree general forums are dying now days, but we are more than just a general forum.

BTW the theme was the theme personal but i customized it to my own likings but left the guy credits.
So what's wrong with editing your original thread?
http://community.mybb.com/thread-89057.html
Didn't know it was still around, in fact it's dead so why grave dig through the forums?
You are only allowed one thread per site in showcase.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-89057.html