MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB on ForumMatrix.org
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am the record Maintainer for MyBB at forummatrix.org

VIEW ENTRY

If you there are any problems with the entry, please post them here and I'll change them.

However, I am unsure about the license (Open Source?, Which License), the author, UTF-8 support and is it Threaded, Flat or both.

Thanks, bdude Smile
Hi,

It'd actually be good if we could maintain the entry ourselves - that way we can ensure it is up to date.

In regards to the entry:

Author: MyBB Group
License: Is there a list?
HTML in posts: Yes
UTF-8 support: Yes
Type: threaded/flat (both)
Bookmarks: Yes
Split threads: Yes
Flood control: Yes
Export private messages: Yes
Chris Boulton Wrote:It'd actually be good if we could maintain the entry ourselves - that way we can ensure it is up to date.

Hmm... I don't see any restrictions regarding that on their site, but personally, if I were running such a site I would absolutely forbid anyone on a forum system's dev team from maintaining the record. It's a conflict of interest for a site that apparently intends to give an unbiased comparison.

Just my 2 cents.
I don't think the system works that way. But that would be better. I have updated the list with your information.

The options for license are Open Source (Y/N) and the name of the license. I guess the license isn't an OSI Approved License
Galen, the other forums listed there are all maintained by their authors (at least UseBB and vBulletin are - haven't looked at the rest).

For the license, it isn't open source - just put Custom for the name.
Galen Wrote:
Chris Boulton Wrote:It'd actually be good if we could maintain the entry ourselves - that way we can ensure it is up to date.

Hmm... I don't see any restrictions regarding that on their site, but personally, if I were running such a site I would absolutely forbid anyone on a forum system's dev team from maintaining the record. It's a conflict of interest for a site that apparently intends to give an unbiased comparison.

Just my 2 cents.

What can be biased about a list of features? The list of features is supposed to be objective. If a feature is there, it is there. If it is not, it is not. There is no wishy-washy bias/prejudice in the content of that website. I think it is a good idea that the MyBB Group maintains the record of their own software, as MyBB users come and go, and perhaps this record maintainer may be disinterested in MyBB after 1.2 comes out and leaves the out-of-date record unattended. Perhaps the record maintainer does not know the full potential of the software. I think that would be an even worse consequence than if we even had the possibility of inserting bias on a feature listing of Yes and No's.

Anyway, my 2 cents
If I ever decide to stop updating the record, I will let someone else do it. And I won't lose intrest in myBB 1.2 - I will gain it Smile
We (the MyBB team) would appreciate it if we could maintain our own entry. This way, we can always ensure the information is correct and we can also give explanations regarding certain MyBB features (using the "info" button). While we appreciate that you did add MyBB to that page, we appreciate it if you contact either Chris Boulton or me via a PM on this board, so we can discuss the matter further.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Galen, the other forums listed there are all maintained by their authors (at least UseBB and vBulletin are - haven't looked at the rest).

Ah, well in that case I agree with you Smile