MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to change emailadress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
a user of my forum has a problem. First he wasn't able to register at all. All fields were filled correctly and as soon as he pushed "Register" he was directed to the front page without any notice. He didn't show up in the database either.
Then I went to the Admin CP and tried to add him as administrator. It said "An authorization code mismatch occurred. Please confirm that you wish to perform the action below."
Then I tried again to register him using a different email adress as another person was able to register without any problem at that time.
His true email adress is "[email protected]". When I tipped in "[email protected]" it worked perfectly. Then I tried to change his email adress again to "[email protected]" in the Admin Panel and got the message "An authorization code mismatch occurred. Please confirm that you wish to perform the action below. ".

I went into my database and change the field manually to "[email protected]" and the email adress showed up in the forum. When I tried to change it to "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" it worked perfectly. When I tried to set it to "[email protected]" it doesn't work. "[email protected]" doesn't work either. "An authorization code mismatch occurred. Please confirm that you wish to perform the action below. "

I disabled all plugins but the problem remains.
I use MyBB 1.6.4

Is there an option I missed or is it a problem that shouldn't occur? Another user registered with an "@yahoo.de" email adress without problem and I'm also able to change his adress to "@web.de" and back to "@yahoo.de" without problem. Only this special user (without special signs only small letters from a-z) isn't able to change his mail adress to one provider.

Any ideas?