MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some feedback on a website update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Alright, I lightened the background a bit, adding rounded corners, fiddled with the shadow colors, and finished the content. How's it looking now?

[Image: yvMvzt.png]
Looking good, I still think it would look better with the blue from Facebook with white fonts for the logo.
(2011-09-10, 12:58 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good, I still think it would look better with the blue from Facebook with white fonts for the logo.
I tried it just for kicks and it turned out much better than expected.

[Image: wLVnIt.png]
Looks way better now, just change the button to a blue. Try to mimic the buttons Facebook use, also, I would change the copyright text to white.
[Image: zAtbmt.png]

I have a little bit more work to do with the footer (link color, for one). I started work on the custom dropdown menu; it's actually a positioned div with an overflowed ul. It'll look the way it does in the screenshot cross-platform, not just on Macs. That was one of the things I hated about the previous version; the select box looked super nice on my Mac but on a Windows computer it was out of place.

I'm also adding support for bookmarking and sharing links that automatically choose a delivery method.
IMO if you make the border-radius on the boxes 4px and change the box shadow to something like

box-shadow: 0 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, .3);

it will look much better.
[Image: bvoDzt.png]

Fiddled around with them a bit.
(2011-09-10, 10:32 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ][Image: bvoDzt.png]

Fiddled around with them a bit.

Lower the last number down a little in rbga. And increase the padding.
I like your idea, but why can't i view the page as in your screenshots?
Its blank-white background for me (btw, i just love the true facebook color background)
(2011-09-11, 06:41 AM)Aashik Wrote: [ -> ]I like your idea, but why can't i view the page as in your screenshots?
Its blank-white background for me (btw, i just love the true facebook color background)
For now this is a private build I'm developing on my local server so you can't actually use it yet. I'm rewriting all of the JavaScript (which isn't much and it'll probably be the same code anyway) and programming an administrative backend for me to use.

When I finish it I'll push it out to the main site.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6