MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some feedback on a website update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Update: Thanks everyone! PostedVia.com has gone live!

I'm just about ready to roll out an update to my site StatusVia that will greatly improve the experience to end users. Along with that I decided to update the template. I wanted the simplicity of the previous template but with more content and room for improvements and additions.

The first thing I did was explain what the site is directly under the tool itself, something which was not available unless you clicked a tiny "what is this?" link in the footer of the last template. I also added more contrast between the tool/content and the background. Instead of using the default select lists to select the delivery method, I opted for a custom solution that's very similar but easier to navigate. It is near impossible to style select boxes since they are OS specific window controls.

I'm looking for criticism specifically of the helpful and constructive variety. Remember that this site is marketed almost exclusively to the average Facebook user. Keep this in mind when suggesting content.

<snip>
Looks really good. I would suggest making the background colour a blue to match Facebooks theme. But yeah, I really like the concept and the features. Smile
(2011-09-09, 12:41 AM)Berlo Wrote: [ -> ]Looks really good. I would suggest making the background colour a blue to match Facebooks theme. But yeah, I really like the concept and the features. Smile
I've tried to find a color scheme that matches or resembles Facebook's, and it always ends up looking really tacky and tasteless. Toungue

EDIT: Ooh, I kinda like this one:

[Image: mUMOft.png]
^^^ IT'd look better if it had rounded corners
(2011-09-09, 01:08 AM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ IT'd look better if it had rounded corners
I almost prefer it without, actually:

[Image: EPVcBt.png]
The corners aren't bad, imo the BG just doesn't fit. Maybe if you darkened the containers? I personally think a white or grey BG would be better.
(2011-09-09, 01:18 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]The corners aren't bad, imo the BG just doesn't fit. Maybe if you darkened the containers? I personally think a white or grey BG would be better.
With what little content there is a white background just makes it look empty. It works, but it looks empty.

How about this?

[Image: PPAMZt.png]
The shadows help a lot actually. Maybe a darker blue? Not by much though. (Nitpicking)
(2011-09-09, 01:31 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]The shadows help a lot actually. Maybe a darker blue? Not by much though. (Nitpicking)
I feel like the blue is already a tad bit too dark. I think I'll keep it as it is.
I prefer non-rounded corners and if you went with the same blue used on Facebook, it would look better. In my opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6