MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to rearrange stuck threads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello I have stuck threads I would like to have in order. How can I move them?
didn't understand your question
You are talking about stick threads??
(2011-09-09, 06:13 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]didn't understand your question

He's referring to those stickied topics which are stickied by moderators or members within the moderation team. He's meaning he'd like a method of putting them in order when viewing them within the certain forum.

Example:

General Forums

Stickied thread 1: How to edit your User CP.
Stickied thread 2: Community contest!
Stickied thread 3: View this topic now.

He'd like them in a specific order rather than having them ordered by the last reply posted on them. Hopefully that solves your confusion.
(2011-09-09, 06:20 PM)Alternate Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-09, 06:13 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]didn't understand your question

He's referring to those stickied topics which are stickied by moderators or members within the moderation team. He's meaning he'd like a method of putting them in order when viewing them within the certain forum.

Example:

General Forums

Stickied thread 1: How to edit your User CP.
Stickied thread 2: Community contest!
Stickied thread 3: View this topic now.

He'd like them in a specific order rather than having them ordered by the last reply posted on them. Hopefully that solves your confusion.

Exactly. Sorry for such short detailed question.
Any help?
any help?
Hi all, I found this thread in an attempt to find the answer by searching. I was wondering if there is a solution to this because I would like to not have to display the order of important, stuck, closed threads in a forum according to when they were made. Instead, I'd like to display them in order of importance.

I just installed the software a few weeks ago. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Thanks for any help and thanks for the great software! I looked for a donation button but didn't see one.

Well I tried moving a thread out and back in, no good since the original date is still used. I tried split thread activity to create a new thread but you can't do that with a thread that has only one post.

Anyone know of a way to change the order of stuck important threads without having to recreate new threads and manually copy and paste content? Thanks in advance!
(2015-07-28, 04:57 PM)Video Wrote: [ -> ]Instead, I'd like to display them in order of importance.

And how do you want to indicate what the order of importance is?

I think there must be a very limited number of important/sticked threads within a forum. Then it is no disadvantage that they are placed in chronological order, when there are too many the concept of importand/sticked threads is lost.
(2015-07-29, 04:34 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-07-28, 04:57 PM)Video Wrote: [ -> ]Instead, I'd like to display them in order of importance.

And how do you want to indicate what the order of importance is?

I think there must be a very limited number of important/sticked threads within a forum. Then it is no disadvantage that they are placed in chronological order, when there are too many the concept of importand/sticked threads is lost.

I'd like to indicate it simply by having the most important one appear first at the top, since that is most likely to be noticed and read given people's attention span.

So for example if one has 3 or 4 stuck important threads, especially if they change over time, they might want the most important one or two at the top, not being forced to have the top one determined by date created.

I was hoping there was a way to order them without doing the manual work.
What you are talking about are sorting options. But there is simply no column in the database table threads which gives the (relative) importance of a thread, such that search results can be sorted on that.
Thanks for the reply. I figured. I thought I read something about "announcement" threads which might stay above "important" threads but perhaps I am confusing software memories from the past. Anyway, thanks for the help. I guess I will have to activate manual mode!
announcements can be added from the modcp, they stay above all threads and are visible on all pages of a forum section
Pages: 1 2