MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Administrators IP's.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I would like to request a quick plugin which prevents the Moderators and Super Moderators from viewing the Administrators and Owners IP addresses. This is very annoying considering who knows what the lower powered staff may do with the owners IP's. Maybe where it says logged or on anything which shows information of any administrator being somewhere, e.g. in the moderation logs for closing a topic then maybe it should say Hidden instead of the actual IP.

It shouldn't be too hard to create a topic for this but it would come in pretty useful. I've searched around to see if it's been requested before although nothing's came up so I'll go ahead and be first to request this.

Thanks a lot, regards,
uzi.
You can't really do much with a person's IP address.
(2011-09-09, 10:48 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]You can't really do much with a person's IP address.

If you have one of those botnet things you can hold them offline for weeks. I've experienced it before, even with a regular website and host booter you can hit someone offline for around 10 minutes. They can continue hitting on your IP numerous amounts of times if they own the booter. That's what bugs me, a small plugin would make a huge impact to my website.

Thanks.
If you really don't trust your staff, they shouldn't be staff. Any staff members who would distribute or attack your IP aren't fit to be staff. Simple as that.
(2011-09-09, 10:59 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]If you really don't trust your staff, they shouldn't be staff. Any staff members who would distribute or attack your IP aren't fit to be staff. Simple as that.

That's true although it's hard to trust people nowadays. Everyone I know is mostly a skiddy who uses a host booter. Mostly every staff member I know is involved in hacking, coding or something. Everyone of them has a host booter and botnets. If you have an argument with one of them, it's still possible for them to log your IP and save it into Notepad as soon as they become staff. Even if they aren't planning to do anything against you, if you fall out with them then they'll probably leak it.
Well if thats what you think your staff may do, then don't hire them.
(2011-09-09, 11:28 PM)Everett777 Wrote: [ -> ]Well if thats what you think your staff may do, then don't hire them.

As mentioned above, you don't know if they are going to log your IP incase of arguments or something. Even if they are trustworthy before they start causing commotions. I'm requesting a plugin, not requesting a put-down on my ideas.
(2011-09-09, 11:37 PM)Alternate Wrote: [ -> ]As mentioned above, you don't know if they are going to log your IP incase of arguments or something. Even if they are trustworthy before they start causing commotions. I'm requesting a plugin, not requesting a put-down on my ideas.
There is absolutely no valid argument for the development of such a plugin. You need to trust your staff 100%. Rogue staff members can do a lot worse with elevated powers than they can with an IP address.
If someone wants your IP they will get it. Very easy to do normally.

Oh and if you want a better idea for a plugin. How about one that simply logs the wrong IP if you're admin. Smile

Then they will be booting some unknown IP.
Pages: 1 2