MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My website's very slow.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Over the past couple of hours or so I've been on my website using the Devel: Generate plugin which adds members for development and testing although I attempted to use the plugin a second time round and it kept giving me an error, this might be the source of the problem but my website's performance is terrible, it's been very slow and every page pages around 60 seconds to load. Usually it takes around 2-3 seconds to load up a singular page but it's been very annoying.

Has it got something to do with this plugin I uploaded to my FTP directory? Is there any solution to fix this and get my website's performance back on track? I can't continue to found my website with the website speeds currently being like this. It might have something to do with my hosting service although I'm pretty sure that's fine.

I checked my pinger tool and it says the website I own is currently down although the website isn't actually down for anyone. It's confusing, aggravating, and stressful..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a lot, regards,
uzi.
Is your website new? If so, the problem may be that DNS hasn't completely propagated yet. DNS is like a virus it spreads between different places some instantaneously some after hours or a day or two for that matter.
(2011-09-10, 02:12 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]Is your website new? If so, the problem may be that DNS hasn't completely propagated yet. DNS is like a virus it spreads between different places some instantaneously some after hours or a day or two for that matter.

Unfortunately it's not new, it's been up and running smoothly for the past month or two. I understand that if it were newer then I would most likely have more problems but I still can't understand why some people like myself can have limited access to it and others are completely blocked out of it.
can we preview the site
(2011-09-10, 02:21 AM)MH-Pro700 Wrote: [ -> ]can we preview the site

Sorry, I forgot to link everyone to the website.

Here's the URL: http://uzi-gaming.tk

Sometime's it's fine although at some stages certain pages take a whole 60 seconds to load up and some crash and timeout on me. It's very annoying considering all I added was around one plugin and some images I think. It might act fine for everyone else but it's slow for myself.
Well, if you've used MyDevel: Generate on a live site, what can you expect? Your executing hundreds, possibly thousands of queries on the database.

Load on the MySQL server means your site will lag.
(2011-09-10, 02:32 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if you've used MyDevel: Generate on a live site, what can you expect? Your executing hundreds, possibly thousands of queries on the database.

Load on the MySQL server means your site will lag.

Well, is there anyway to undo this or remove the queries?
Stop using the plugin and wait it out.

Ok, thanks Malcom.
Maybe contact your hosting, or its the DNS.