MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB still not a good one say me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
tristan/SMM Wrote:Also, little tip, if you're going to be insulting someone or something, at least try to not make yourself look stupid and have something to back up what you're saying and for Christ's sake lose the AIM abbreviations. I guess because you don't know how to properly argue, you can't seem to spell simple words of the English language. Your Vs. Ur (Only 2 more letters? Think you can manage that?)

In the guys defense, most people get used to AIM speak when they're young and have a hard time shaking it off. When I was young I thought it was stupid to type like that, but I understand why some people do it. It helps slow people type faster. If someone wants to look amateurish by typing like that, let them. It's hurting nobody.
It doesn't seems like english is the native language for hostmark. I am not sure if he really wanted to be that rude.

Anyways, as DrPoodle suggested, the conversion is possible by first converting to phpBB and then to MyBB. It doesn't seems like a pain for the time-being until official or working 3rd party convertors are available.
TemplatesForAll Wrote:
tristan/SMM Wrote:Also, little tip, if you're going to be insulting someone or something, at least try to not make yourself look stupid and have something to back up what you're saying and for Christ's sake lose the AIM abbreviations. I guess because you don't know how to properly argue, you can't seem to spell simple words of the English language. Your Vs. Ur (Only 2 more letters? Think you can manage that?)

In the guys defense, most people get used to AIM speak when they're young and have a hard time shaking it off. When I was young I thought it was stupid to type like that, but I understand why some people do it. It helps slow people type faster. If someone wants to look amateurish by typing like that, let them. It's hurting nobody.

Point taken Scott.
tristan/SMM Wrote:
TemplatesForAll Wrote:

Point taken Scott.

I didn't mean to sound like an lime. If I did I'm sorry.
Erm... well, I just tried the IPB coverter and it was a complete failure. Nothing works properly on my board. I wanted to covert to MyBB for a while. I agree with him in the part that webmasters wont switch because they cant. Also, phpBB has outdated coverters that will only covert older boards like vB 2.x and IPB 1.x series, therefore you cant even use the phpBB coversion method.
maddog39 Wrote:Erm... well, I just tried the IPB coverter and it was a complete failure. Nothing works properly on my board. I wanted to covert to MyBB for a while. I agree with him in the part that webmasters wont switch because they cant. Also, phpBB has outdated coverters that will only covert older boards like vB 2.x and IPB 1.x series, therefore you cant even use the phpBB coversion method.
I understand completely, but in comparison with other BB's, MyBB is a very small scale product. It doesn't have the multitude of users that VB and IPB have, and because of this, the number of people who know how to (and indeed want to) make converters is very small.

Writing a converter takes a load of time and effort, and the MyBB Team have so much to do at the moment with the security updates and the testing of MyBB 1.2. I am certain that after the release of MyBB 1.2, there will be a lot more effort put into making converters.

As to the problems you are having with the IPB converter, I would contact the creator and tell him what problems you are having!
TemplatesForAll Wrote:
tristan/SMM Wrote:
TemplatesForAll Wrote:

Point taken Scott.

I didn't mean to sound like an lime. If I did I'm sorry.

Don't worry about it Scott, you never did sound like an lime. No need for apology. Thanks anyway.
hostmark Wrote:as long as you guys still don't have converter....

No reason for webmasters wanna change to MyBB

old db is the most important if you dont have so they dont use ur software

BACK OFF!

First of all: learn to type.
Second of all: MyBB is one of the most powerful FREE community systems on the market at this moment. It's template system is very, and I mean VERY flexible and powerful and expanding Ep2 was a breeze for my scripter. MyBB is still in heavy development and I really believe that it's gonna kick some serious PHPBB arse!
hostmark Wrote:as long as you guys still don't have converter....

No reason for webmasters wanna change to MyBB

old db is the most important if you dont have so they dont use ur software

BACK OFF!

a real webmaster would write his own converter instead of just registering an account, flaming once, and then disappearing Toungue

sorry but MyBB is a damn good piece of software...
and considering it's FREE, you really don't have any place to *****

Edited for swearing
Enough with the flaming. I think everyones point has been taken
Pages: 1 2