MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Overused themes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2011-09-12, 10:56 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]If you think overusing themes doesn't matter then pigs can fly. A lot of users sign up PURELY on the theme.

Really now? What would you do if i proved you wrong, say showed you one of THOUSANDS of forums that run their software's default theme? Last time I checked, theme is not a requirement for someone joining a forum. Most people join a forum for the C word.

That's right. CONTENT. If I'm a lumberjack, and i need advice on some new tools, and there are two websites. One looks all pretty, and one has ten thousand members, and hundreds of related non spam posts, which would the intelligent person join. Hmm. Logic dictates the "ugly" one.

You have to look at the market from a normal persons perspective. If they are looking for something, or need something from your website, they aren't going to care what they look like.
(2011-09-12, 11:24 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]You have to look at the market from a normal persons perspective. If they are looking for something, or need something from your website, they aren't going to care what they look like.
Well, a nice/custom theme really does help.
(2011-09-12, 11:32 PM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-12, 11:24 PM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]You have to look at the market from a normal persons perspective. If they are looking for something, or need something from your website, they aren't going to care what they look like.
Well, a nice/custom theme really does help.

But someone using Apart isn't gonna kill their site.
It matters more when there's a few same niche forums using them.

Remember when all those newbie Pokemon forums kept popping up?

I swear, at least 3 had the same theme going.
(2011-09-13, 12:25 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]It matters more when there's a few same niche forums using them.

Remember when all those newbie Pokemon forums kept popping up?

I swear, at least 3 had the same theme going.

And they all merged into one, fairly succussful forum last time i checked.
(2011-09-13, 12:54 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]And they all merged into one, fairly succussful forum last time i checked.

They did? Got the new link?
(2011-09-12, 10:56 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]If you think overusing themes doesn't matter then pigs can fly. A lot of users sign up PURELY on the theme.

That's extremely untrue. I highly doubt anyone who signs up on your forum for the theme is a member worth keeping.
People didn't register over at Spamville for my theme, since it sucks.
They joined because my website is awesome. Smile
(2011-09-13, 07:01 AM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-13, 12:54 AM)Aristotle Wrote: [ -> ]And they all merged into one, fairly succussful forum last time i checked.

They did? Got the new link?

It appears their account is suspended atm, likely still not off of free hosts.
Not necessary, www.l33ts.org , default forum, badass activity and a lot of posts daily and pretty nice upcoming forum, theme doesn't matter everywhere, yes, it does create impression, but its not that without it, your forum won't succeed or run. L33ts is pretty good example, it purely uses default theme like this site, just a different logo, of course, so its a good example to say and turn your statement false. Wink

Pages: 1 2 3 4