MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggest some plugins for my website.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I would like some people who have experience at using plugins to share some and suggest some to me. I have the top posters plugin, ACP Theme, 8e theme, shoutbox on homepage, and some other small plugins. If you could possibly link me some and give me some ideas on how to improve my website then please do so by leaving a comment below.

Take a look at my website first though!

http://uzi-gaming.tk/

Thanks a lot, regards,
Alternate.
Suggestion: Get off the .tk domain Get awards. Maybe a anti spam plugin. A news plugin. Just search around and you are bound to find some you like
(2011-09-10, 03:51 PM)Tyler K Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Get off the .tk domain Get awards. Maybe a anti spam plugin. A news plugin. Just search around and you are bound to find some you like

Thanks Tyler, I also forgot to mention I already have a domain purchased: http://uzi-gaming.com/ although it's not fully working. Upon loading up on the domain and logging in it doesn't do anything, I then go to the forums and it doesn't show the domain URL and instead it shows http://uzi-gaming.x10.mx/ That's my hosting domain which came with the website when I created it. I paid $15 on godaddy for a domain, how can I fix this problem? I have the News plugin, awards sound good, anti spam is something which I'm preparing to install.

I appreciate your help.
(2011-09-10, 03:51 PM)Tyler K Wrote: [ -> ]Suggestion: Get off the .tk domain

+1

Also, we can't really recommend any good plugins to your forum, it all depends on your likes and dislikes, and your forum.

(2011-09-10, 03:55 PM)Aashik Wrote: [ -> ]

+1

Also, we can't really recommend any good plugins to your forum, it all depends on your likes and dislikes, and your forum.

Read the above post, I have purchased a domain .com although for some reason it's not entirely working properly. Any ideas on why? Thanks.
(2011-09-10, 03:56 PM)Alternate Wrote: [ -> ]

+1

Read the above post, I have purchased a domain .com although for some reason it's not entirely working properly. Any ideas on why? Thanks.

Missed your post, most probably i was typing mine when you posted, sorry Smile

Also, it takes up to 24-48 hours at the max sometimes for the domain t work, its normal.
(2011-09-10, 03:59 PM)Aashik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-10, 03:56 PM)Alternate Wrote: [ -> ]

+1

Missed your post, most probably i was typing mine when you posted, sorry Smile

Also, it takes up to 24-48 hours at the max sometimes for the domain t work, its normal.

That's fine, about the domain; I've actually been waiting around 1-2 weeks for it to change itself now. It didn't do anything and then someone managed to edit it for me and it slightly worked. Meaning it loads uzi-gaming.com but it doesn't stay with the correct URL.

Thanks though!
You need to use name servers, I don't think x10 offers that. Switch to a paid host trust me.
(2011-09-10, 04:32 PM)Tyler K Wrote: [ -> ]You need to use name servers, I don't think x10 offers that. Switch to a paid host trust me.

Ok thanks. Do you know where I could find that plugin which allows me to show the five recent topics? I know there's one which displays the five recent posts/topics at the bottom of the forums page although I would somehow like them to be placed at the time. Thanks a lot.
x10 does allow nameservers.
Pages: 1 2