MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Astound by Forum Source
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've decided to work on a dark theme since all of my themes so far have been lighter. What you see below is one night's worth of work, I just started a couple of hours ago. There's still tons of work to do, like the panel and bottom menu for example, I just thought I'd show you a screenshot of my progress so far. Let me know how it looks and if you have any ideas to make it better!

SCREENSHOT:
[Image: astound.png]
DEMO:
http://imatroll.net

Ignore the domain name... It was just an extra domain I had and wanted to use for a place to work on my themes.

What do you think of the theme? It's almost done!
Looks good. And work on Forumbit too so that it won't look like default.

Good luck. Smile
(2011-09-11, 01:55 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good. And work on Forumbit too so that it won't look like default.

Good luck. Smile

Oh yeah, no worries, it will all look different, I just posted showing the things I've done tonight.

I'll do a lot of editing tomorrow throughout the day and post another screen shot then. Thanks for the comment! Smile
I know your going to but man thats a huge welcome block. lol
Make welcome block small in height, take bottom lines over welcome block to right of the first line, it does look bad having too much height, other than that, its nice.
(2011-09-11, 01:13 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Make welcome block small in height, take bottom lines over welcome block to right of the first line, it does look bad having too much height, other than that, its nice.

Yeah, the welcome block / panel is only going to be one line of text with a few icons.

I'm going to model it after the little vBulletin quick links on their default theme.
First impressions = too good, I like the colors used.
All the best Smile
The theme has been edited and is almost finished, check it out here and let me know what you think - http://imatroll.net - Ignore the domain name... It was just an extra domain I had that I decided to use for my theme development area. Let me know what you think and what could be improved! It's almost done and I'll be releasing it for free. Smile